again rollover , collect data tssupport

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
zukkaweb

again rollover , collect data tssupport

Postby zukkaweb » 12 Sep 2008

in these day i try to made the rollover on many futures....

now i have a big hole i have between the data series!!!!

could someone post a file txt with the futures contract to be loaded in quotemanager, and after explain how to connect it at the real time futures.

AUTOMATIC ROLLOVER WE REALLY NEED

COULD SUPPORT TEAM COLLECT DATA with ALL FIELDS FOR US AND POST IT IN THE FORUM, SO WE ARE ABLE TO REPLACE THEM WITHOUT HELP. IF WE ARE WEONG IN MERGING DATA,? PLEASE!

regards

zukkaweb

Postby zukkaweb » 17 Sep 2008

in the new version of mc will be there a automatic rollover?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Sep 2008

Hi zukkaweb,

Unfortunately, not being a data vendor, we are not allowed to store data and then provide it to our customers. However, the problem will be solved once we introduce the automatic contract rollover. It still won't be there in the upcoming release, but we will try to implement it as soon as we possibly can.

Best regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Sep 2008

Hi zukkaweb,

Unfortunately, not being a data vendor, we are not allowed to store data and then provide it to our customers. However, the problem will be solved once we introduce the automatic contract rollover. It still won't be there in the upcoming release, but we will try to implement it as soon as we possibly can.

Best regards.

zukkaweb

Postby zukkaweb » 25 Sep 2008

Thanks Marina

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 19 Dec 2008

Hi zukkaweb,

Best regards.
Any news on automatic rollover?

Regards

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 19 Dec 2008

Isn't the temporary "FIX" , just re-naming the old contract name the new contract rollover name ?
(that preserves the old data but it's not adjusted)
Personally I don't need more than a few months of data, so I enter the forward contract symbols ahead of time(months ahead), so at rollover, I have plenty of data for daytrading-position trading in the new symbol.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 19 Dec 2008

Isn't the temporary "FIX" , just re-naming the old contract name the new contract rollover name ?
(that preserves the old data but it's not adjusted)
Personally I don't need more than a few months of data, so I enter the forward contract symbols ahead of time(months ahead), so at rollover, I have plenty of data for daytrading-position trading in the new symbol.
Hello Steven,

Renaming is a very good solution. I can live without the automatic rollover feature for a year or two. I did not try to push TSS. I was just curious if there were any news on the automatic solution.

Regards

Nick

Postby Nick » 06 Jan 2009

There is a problem with renaming if you need to do a refresh you will write over the old contract data unless you change the date range of bars on the chart first which is pretty impractical.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 Jan 2009

Hi guys,

Automatic rollover will be implemented in MultiCharts 6 (the version following Gold Release).

Meanwhile, do be careful with reloading data for synthetically merged contracts. Reload on the renamed contract will result in losing old data.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”