Problems when transfer TS8 system to Multi-Chart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Liao Chien-Sung

Problems when transfer TS8 system to Multi-Chart

Postby Liao Chien-Sung » 02 Oct 2008

Please help to clerify and solve the follow problems I met. Thanks!

1) Should place the entry before the exit in the PowerLanguage when the entry name is refered in exit? There's no such limitation in TS8. It's a big job for me to transfer all my TS8 system to MC to revise this issue.

2) variable declare as data alias, then put to function as serial parameter and numericref. In TS8, my system can refer expected information of the data2 but in MC is data1. the follow is some codes

Code: Select all

{Singal}
var: PivotHCntD2(0,data2);

{some codes not showed here}
TrendStatusD2 = _TrendStatusD2_adv
(LStren,RStren,EMALen,ShowTL,ShowText,
PivotHSetD2,PivotLSetD2, PivotHCntD2 ,PivotLCntD2,
PivotHighShowD2,PivotLowShowD2,
PivotValueD2,
EMA_D2,VolaCondition_D2,MATrend_D2,
BullTLExistD2,BearTLExistD2,
BullTLEndD2,BearTLEndD2);

{Function}
Input:PivotHCnt(NumericRef);

PivotValue = _PivotSetBoth_D2(LStren,RStren,PivotHSet,PivotLSet,
PivotHighShow,PivotLowShow,PivotHCnt,PivotLCnt);

{Function}
Input:PivotHCnt(NumericRef);

PivotHCnt = PivotHCnt;
if condition1 then
PivotHCnt = PivotHCnt[1] + 1;
In the first bar of data1 of nth bar of data2, suppose condition1 = true then PivotHCnt = 0 + 1;
In the 2nd bar, condition1 still true, then pivotHCnt is expected still 0 + 1;
However, in the PowerLanguage I print to output is 1 + 1; I think the value PivotHCnt[1] is refered to data1.

Please help! Thanks!

Liao Chien-Sung

Postby Liao Chien-Sung » 02 Oct 2008

I found new of my 2nd problem.

The return value of Barstatus(2) for every bar is 2 in my case in the level2 function code. In the same situation, TS8 reture value is 2 only the data2 bar drawed and the others return -1.

Please confirm! Thanks!

Marina Pashkova

Re: Problems when transfer TS8 system to Multi-Chart

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Oct 2008

Hi Liao Chien-Sung,

Below, please find the comments to your questions.
1) Should place the entry before the exit in the PowerLanguage when the entry name is refered in exit? There's no such limitation in TS8. It's a big job for me to transfer all my TS8 system to MC to revise this issue.
There are no limitations related to the order of the entry and exit signals in PowerLanguage. Could you please specify the problems that you encountered? (the code and how the behavior was different from the expected one) Thank you.
2) variable declare as data alias, then put to function as serial parameter and numericref. In TS8, my system can refer expected information of the data2 but in MC is data1. the follow is some codes
The bug has been confirmed and the fix will be available in the upcoming official release.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Oct 2008

I found new of my 2nd problem.

The return value of Barstatus(2) for every bar is 2 in my case in the level2 function code. In the same situation, TS8 reture value is 2 only the data2 bar drawed and the others return -1.

Please confirm! Thanks!
Hi Liao Chien-Sung,

This bug has been confirmed by our engineers as well. The fix will also be included into the upcoming release.

Thank you very much for reporting these problems.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”