A feature request : SetTimedExit

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

A feature request : SetTimedExit

Postby 2haerim » 08 Oct 2008

SetStopLoss/SetProfitTarget for each tick rather than at the end of a bar even if IOG is not enabled.

Likewise, I would like to request to add a SetTimedExit built-in function which will exit a signal when the preset time reaches. Of course, it should work regardless of IOG enabled or not. If this feature is readily available now, please let me know how.

(ex) SetTimedExit(145530) would exit all open position at 145530 no matter what the chart resolution is.

Any extension to this idea is welcomed.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 09 Oct 2008

+ 1 Support for excellent idea

ppan

Postby ppan » 09 Oct 2008

Good suggestion. It is a very useful feature. Support.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 09 Oct 2008

Yes, great suggestion.

Marina Pashkova

Re: A feature request : SetTimedExit

Postby Marina Pashkova » 10 Oct 2008

SetStopLoss/SetProfitTarget for each tick rather than at the end of a bar even if IOG is not enabled.

Likewise, I would like to request to add a SetTimedExit built-in function which will exit a signal when the preset time reaches. Of course, it should work regardless of IOG enabled or not. If this feature is readily available now, please let me know how.

(ex) SetTimedExit(145530) would exit all open position at 145530 no matter what the chart resolution is.

Any extension to this idea is welcomed.
SetStopLoss/SetProfitTarget are placed at the broker and are filled as soon as the specified condition is met. IOG or non-IOG do not influence filling of these orders at all.

Regarding SetTimeExit: we will consider the feature for future implementation.

Regards.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 10 Oct 2008

I would rather that a GAT order is send to the Broker.

That way, even if the internet connection to the Broker is disconnected, positions will still be closed.

But guess this will only work for brokers that support GAT like IB.

zukkaweb

Postby zukkaweb » 12 Oct 2008

In my opinion the best solution is this.

Make a windows more or less like transact, where you could fiil all kind of order in a few and easy click like the DOM, and also you could choise to trade directly from the chart. The plus ultra will be to have also the TIME and Sales and trade from it.

Regards

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Oct 2008

I would rather that a GAT order is send to the Broker.

That way, even if the internet connection to the Broker is disconnected, positions will still be closed.

But guess this will only work for brokers that support GAT like IB.
Dear aljafp,

Could you please specify how GAT orders relate to the above discussion of the IOG mode and SetStopLoss and SetProfitTarget discussion?

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”