CPU 100% when mouse hovering over PLEditor's Help pane

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

CPU 100% when mouse hovering over PLEditor's Help pane

Postby 2haerim » 19 Oct 2008

I posted this issue a few times here in this forum, but it was happening without giving me any clue when it was triggered. I am experiencing this issue again and the following conditions might be necessary when PLEditor completely uses up all the CPU so that whole PC gets terribly slowed down.

[0] My PC is dual core system and running Win XP SP2.
[1] I ran PLEditor only. No MC or no QM or any other MC products.
[2] PLEditor was opened in previous window size and it was not Maximized. I pressed F1 on a keyword in the editor. This time it was 'MarketPosition'.
[3] The Help pane showed up and to see more help, I maximized the PLEditor.
[4] I moved the mouse over the help text in the help pane and the CPU is 100%. Actually it was 50% on my dual core system and the whole PC was responding with many seconds delay. For example, when I try to click another window, it took more than 30 seconds to respond. It just looked like the system was dead. This is really unacceptable. The PC is not responding at all more than 30 seconds once I move the mouse over the PLEditor help pane.
[5] When I move out of the Help pane, after many seconds the CPU got back to normal, but as soon as I move the mouse over the help pane again(regardless of the PLEditor has the current focus or not), the CPU was 100% again.
[6] Next, I changed the PLEditor from maximized to normal, and repeated the same experiment. This time no CPU problem even if I moved the mouse over the same help pane area. It happened only when the PLEditor is in maximized state.
[7] I am not sure this will be repeated tomorrow or on any other PC, but one thing clear is that PLEditor from time to time raises this issue and uses much more CPU than any normal editors. Whenever I move mouse within the PLEditor, the CPU usage is higher than other programs.

I am sure that PLEditor has somehow problem about CPU usage and would like to ask you guys to report if you have similar experiences so that it could be nailed down in the future release.

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Oct 2008

Hi HaeRim,

What is your default browser and what is it's version?

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem on our end, so you might want to contact us via LiveChat to demostrate it to our engineers.

Thank you.

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 22 Oct 2008

I deleted this one because I posted a wrong reply for another post.
Last edited by 2haerim on 22 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Oct 2008

Hi HaeRim,

The issue has been confirmed as a bug. I will keep you posted on the progress. Also, we are preparing a special module that we'll have to install on your PC. I'll contact your when we're ready with the module - to invite you to helpdesk.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”