Weird scaling with volumechart

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Januson

Weird scaling with volumechart

Postby Januson » 25 Oct 2008

Please take a look at the attached file. I don't understand why there is such a difference between charts with minutes and charts with volume.

:roll:
Attachments
MCWeirdScalingIssue.png
(73.98 KiB) Downloaded 521 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Oct 2008

give these a try:

1. put the volume histogram on the CVB chart... you will see if the volume is actually capped at 10k and 50k.

2. change the Build volume base on between trade/tick.

Januson

Postby Januson » 26 Oct 2008

I've tried that also, then the first gap occured allready around 38000 volume.

TJ, can you tell me if there's any difference between MC3 to MC4 with my issue?

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 26 Oct 2008

I, too, have tried all different ways to get 2 data streams of the same instrument and equally divisible tick lengths to align and can't seem to get it to look right. ie: ES 50 tick in data 1 (visible) and 600 tick in data 2 in the same subchart (invisible). I have even tried ES 50 tick in data 1 and data 2 at the same time (both different and same subcharts) and they still offset each other. (I set one to build volume on volume and the other to build volume on ticks because I have indicators that look at volume, but I also like to see the bar count down with a text indicator right next to the bar.) I have also tried this with volume bars - same result.

I noticed that they would line up just fine up to the point of where I re-loaded the data but once the real time stream started I would get gaps and the space between bars would also increase.

I finally gave up and now use global variables from charts I just hide. :(
Like several other issues with MC, I'm just not going to worry about this anymore.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Januson

Postby Januson » 26 Oct 2008

Hi RobotMan

I've thought of the same, just to reference another chart. I've looked at something called ADE and ELCollections, but unfortunately I haven't managed to come up with something usefull :(

Is it possible that you would share some code snippets? This would really help me alot :D

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 26 Oct 2008

Hi Januson,

I'm probably not the best one to ask about "global variables", "ADE" and "ELCollections". There are so many on this forum that know so much more than I do about using these tools. If you have access to the TS forums, there is a ton of info. But I will show an example of how to get the results of an indicator from one chart into the indicator of another. One thing you should know though, it is not historical. It pushes a number into a variable in memory using a .dll and then another indicator calls that variable on the currentbar.

I will get back to you, but will probably post in the "User contributed studies" area of the forum and not in this thread.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Return to “MultiCharts”