Scanner Symbol linking

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Scanner Symbol linking

Postby drwar » 28 Oct 2008

When using volume or tick bars the number of days/bars on the chart necessary for indicators will vary by symbol because of the differences in volume for different symbols. Further, The resolution will be different by symbol for what would be considered a position chart, Swing chart and intraday trading chart. The symbol linking works very nicely form the scanner but linking the symbols in the scanner to a fixed days/bars back chart with fixed resolution does not work for volume and tick bar charts for those reasons. In addition to the symbol the resolution and days/bars back must be transmitted as well when linking to a chart. Creating a new chart from the scanner symbol seems to do that, However it has several drawbacks. It requires extra mouse clicks ( not just clicking on the cell ) and it creates a chart that you cannot control the size or position of.

Please provide linking to the resolution and bars/days back so we can use this really nice feature with volume/tick bars.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Oct 2008

Hi Jerry,

Is the problem consistent? If it is, please send us logs and the workspace next time it occurs.

Regards.

drwar

Postby drwar » 30 Oct 2008

[quote]Hi Jerry,

Is the problem consistent? If it is, please send us logs and the workspace next time it occurs.

Regards.[/quote]

Marina

Are you referring to the post above, which is a design issue not a bug or the post about the data and indicators stopping in the scanner window which was posted elsewhere. I assume your referring to the data stopping. The only consistent fact I have is that it happened two days in a row. My first guess is that it is somehow related to the "not enough data bars" message that also occurs randomly, as one or more symbols had that message after running for several hours. Tomorrow I will run just one desktop and see if it is somehow related to having more than one desktop. I did not notice this problem until I split up my symbols and used two desktops.

J~

Return to “MultiCharts”