Patsystems

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
cato1974

Patsystems

Postby cato1974 » 07 Jan 2009

Hello,
I'd like some instruction on how to setup patsystems with MC for my data feed. I do not see a video tutorial on the site. Thanks in advance

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 07 Jan 2009

How much did you pay for PATS data feed?

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 08 Jan 2009

Yes, please post instructions, i would like to know how MC can be setup to work with Pats too..

thanks

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 08 Jan 2009

@Tresor

You need a setup from your broker with PATS API. Some brokers are taking a monthly fee and other brokers take more costs for roundturns. It depends on how much you are trading.

Regards

Mike

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Jan 2009

Hi aljafp and cato1974,

Below, you will find instructions on how to set up PatSystems with MultiCharts.

----------------------------------------------

Launch Quote Manager.
In the Tools menu, click Data Sources.
Select Patsystems (J-Trader) and click Settings.
Contact your broker. Inform the broker that your program uses MultiCharts as the Application ID and ABA653V001 as Licence ID. Get from the broker the values for Host IP Address, Host Port, Price IP Address, Price Port and enter them in the corresponding fields.
Indicate the Login and Password.
If your broker is experiencing problems, ask him to contact GSD@Patsystems.com.

------------------------------------------------

P.S. You would need to make sure that your broker does enable MultiCharts on their end.

Regards.

Ducan

Postby Ducan » 12 Jan 2009

Because there is no historical quotes with PatSystem, I think that I would like to use eSignal as real time datafeed, and use the quotes from PatSystem in my trading orders only.

Do you think it is possible/compatible?

Do you know someone that can testified that PatSystem in MultiChats is bug free for order executions.

Regards
Ducan

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Jan 2009

Hi Ducan,

Could you please elaborate on how you would like to use the eSignal/PatSystems setup? MultiCharts allows combining historical quotes from one datafeed with real-time from a different feed; strategies can be applied and orders can be generated on the resulting data series. But I am not sure if this is what you are asking about.

If you are talking about using PatSystems as a broker, the dll for auto trading via Pats is now being tested and will be available in one of the future versions of MultiCharts.

Return to “MultiCharts”