Alerts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
capgain

Alerts

Postby capgain » 09 Jan 2009

I was wondering if the following alert functions exist ( that I might be missing)
- is it possible to customize an alert (color, font, etc)
- is it possible to change the amount of time it will be open in addition to current options of 5, 15, 30 and 60 secs

Also, if anyone can help with this issue that I have, I would appreciate it. I have setup couple of alerts (simple example below)
Within a 15 min bar interval,
cond1: if 3 dma > 50 dma - alert A
cond2: if 3 dma < 50 dma - alert B

The problem I have is this. I am using for all ticks and using onealert (so as not to get a barrage of alerts). So the first time condi1 is true, I get an alert. If condi2 happens, I get an alert. But if cond1 happens again, I get no alert (since I am using oneaalert and it is happening within the same bar). Is there a way I can get another alert if cond1 happens again ..

TJ

Re: Alerts

Postby TJ » 09 Jan 2009

I was wondering if the following alert functions exist ( that I might be missing)
color: use plot to paintbar
font: use text_new

you can look up examples in EasyLanguage Essentials
right column, in the downloads:
http://www.tssupport.com/support/tutorials/

- is it possible to change the amount of time it will be open in addition to current options of 5, 15, 30 and 60 secs

Also, if anyone can help with this issue that I have, I would appreciate it. I have setup couple of alerts (simple example below)
you can find examples in the above document.

The problem I have is this. I am using for all ticks and using onealert (so as not to get a barrage of alerts). So the first time condi1 is true, I get an alert. If condi2 happens, I get an alert. But if cond1 happens again, I get no alert (since I am using oneaalert and it is happening within the same bar). Is there a way I can get another alert if cond1 happens again ..
look up intrabarpersist and playsound .
there is an example you described.

capgain

Re: Alerts

Postby capgain » 12 Jan 2009

color: use plot to paintbar
font: use text_new

you can look up examples in EasyLanguage Essentials
right column, in the downloads:
http://www.tssupport.com/support/tutorials/

Thanks, TJ, for your detailed response. I tried some of your suggestions and looking into others.

I need to clarify my question above. What I was looking for is setting background color of alerts. So for instance, a red alert dialog box might mean a high priority alert. Currently, the only workaround I am using is the size of the box. The ability to customize an alert would be of great help and hopefully TSSupport will consider it for their next version.

The reason why I do not use paint bar is because I am usually browsing the web or doing other things over multicharts and notice/hear the alerts. (BTW, I wish Multicharts had the ability to open IE window within the environment like TS. This way we can have briefing.com as another window.)

I think the above changes would not require too much programming on TSSuport's behalf. If they are already implemented and I am not aware of it, if anyone can bring it up I would appreciate it.

you can find examples in the above document.

look up intrabarpersist and playsound .
there is an example you described.
Intrabarpersist was exactly the thing I needed for solving this issue. Thanks, TJ.

Return to “MultiCharts”