Latest Daily Bars mssing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
geizer

Latest Daily Bars mssing

Postby geizer » 21 Jan 2009

I think that there is a bug in the data handling

The setup
MC v5 beta 2, with eSignal Datafeed

Today I noticed missing daily bars for every stock symbol I tried.
The sequence of events prior to this is following:

Sometime in the middle of Us stock trading session I put my computer to sleep. Then, when after the trading session was over I returned to my computer and noticed that _TODAY'S _DAILY_BAR are missing on every stock symbol I tried. Everyt other data is OK, incl. tick bars, minute, hour1y bars. All present except daily. I did not try weekly though.

I found the temporary workaround to recover the missing bar, but that is not fun at all, as it's pain in you know what.
Opened the quoteManager, right click on the desired Stock Symbol, then select "Delete Data...".
Next, went back to Workspace where with Daily Chart, and first, changed the resolution to hour1y, and then back to Daily.
That is it. The Daily bar now appears on the chart.

I included the screenshots of the cahrts FYI (The missing daily bar is 20-Jan-08. The previous bar is 16-Jan-08. The following three days are holidays: 17-Sat, 18-Sun, and 19 - US holiday-exchange closed)

I did notice few times before the latest daily bar missing, but did not pay attention to it, as I was not using the Multicharts in productions. Now, when I am ready to trade with it, it becomes critical. Could you please point me to the right direction to how to avoid this behaviour in the future or when this can be fixed (if this is bug)?
Thanks
Attachments
Todays daily bar recovered.gif
(277.65 KiB) Downloaded 1545 times
Todays daily bar missing.gif
(276.44 KiB) Downloaded 1555 times

capgain

Re: Latest Daily Bars mssing

Postby capgain » 21 Jan 2009

The setup

Sometime in the middle of Us stock trading session I put my computer to sleep. Then, when after the trading session was over I returned to my computer and noticed that _TODAY'S _DAILY_BAR are missing on every stock symbol I tried. Everyt other data is OK, incl. tick bars, minute, hour1y bars. All present except daily. I did not try weekly though.

I found the temporary workaround to recover the missing bar, but that is not fun at all, as it's pain in you know what.
Opened the quoteManager, right click on the desired Stock Symbol, then select "Delete Data...".
Next, went back to Workspace where with Daily Chart, and first, changed the resolution to hour1y, and then back to Daily.

I included the screenshots of the cahrts FYI (The missing daily bar is 20-Jan-08. The previous bar is 16-Jan-08. The following three days are holidays: 17-Sat, 18-Sun, and 19 - US holiday-exchange closed)

I did notice few times before the latest daily bar missing, but did not pay attention to it, as I was not using the Multicharts in productions. Now, when I am ready to trade with it, it becomes critical. Could you please point me to the right direction to how to avoid this behaviour in the future or when this can be fixed (if this is bug)?
Thanks
I have had similar problem (MC with interactive data feed). The minute charts work great but daily/weekly do not update. I have to forcibly refresh. So now, I use MC only for minute and second charts. I thought the problem was with IB feed ...

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Jan 2009

it has to do with how MC captures the last print.

capgain

Postby capgain » 21 Jan 2009

it has to do with how MC captures the last print.
Is there a way to fix it ... Thanks

geizer

I have to forcibly refresh
How do you force the chart refresh?

Seems simpler than deleting and re-downloading data.
Thanks

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 21 Jan 2009

CTRL +R

geizer

CTRL +R
Thanks!

To MC developers:
Is anything can be done to straighten the issue?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Jan 2009

The setup

Thanks
Hi geizer,

Does the problem only manifest itself only when your computer goes into the hybernate mode? The thing is that we have never studied MC's behavior after hybernation, so we've no answer to your question at this point. I have asked our engineers to see what happens under hybernation. In the meantime, please use ctrl+R to recover the missing bar.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 21 Jan 2009

This has to do with the way esignal stores daily data when the cash markets close.

I am assuming you noticed this problem after hours.

This is an issue that I have worked with Marina on and should be resolved in the next beta release.

geizer

I am assuming you noticed this problem after hours.
That's right - few hours after the US markets closed.
This is an issue that I have worked with Marina on and should be resolved in the next beta release.
flipflopper,
Can you please point me to the topic where it's (was) discussed?

Patiently looking forward for a solution :wink:

Thanks.

geizer

Does the problem only manifest itself only when your computer goes into the hybernate mode?
I did not pay close attention to this issue till now, as I was not using the MC in production. Happened one or two times before. All I can tell.

Also, Can not imply for sure whether it was sent to hibernate mode, or a sleep mode. But I do remember that I pressed "Win+L" key to lock the windows screen, before leaving the desk. What is certain is at that time, just before, or just after, the network connection was cut. I usually switch it off when leaving my workplace for extended period of time. Few hours later, after the market, when returned to the computer, daily bars were missing.
[/quote]
The thing is that we have never studied MC's behavior after hybernation, so we've no answer to your question at this point. I have asked our engineers to see what happens under hybernation. In the meantime, please use ctrl+R to recover the missing bar.[/quote]

Marina, thanks for your response. I remain patiently waiting for a solution.

drwar

Postby drwar » 21 Jan 2009

I have vista on my laptop. When I put the laptop into hibernation MC will recover with a refresh about 70% of the time. Otherwise it hangs on the refresh. The way to avoid it is of course close MC before the hibernate.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Jan 2009

Does the problem only manifest itself only when your computer goes into the hybernate mode?
I did not pay close attention to this issue till now, as I was not using the MC in production. Happened one or two times before. All I can tell.

Also, Can not imply for sure whether it was sent to hibernate mode, or a sleep mode. But I do remember that I pressed "Win+L" key to lock the windows screen, before leaving the desk. What is certain is at that time, just before, or just after, the network connection was cut. I usually switch it off when leaving my workplace for extended period of time. Few hours later, after the market, when returned to the computer, daily bars were missing.
The thing is that we have never studied MC's behavior after hybernation, so we've no answer to your question at this point. I have asked our engineers to see what happens under hybernation. In the meantime, please use ctrl+R to recover the missing bar.[/quote]

Marina, thanks for your response. I remain patiently waiting for a solution.[/quote]

Hi geizer,

1. There is indeed a problem with daily data for eSignal's stocks after the markets close. Because of the way daily data is requested in MC and because daily stock data is not available on eSignal's historical servers for some time after the markets close, you can see the current daily bar missing. This problem will be fixed in the next MC version.

2. As for hybernation, we don't know what its effects on MC's work are.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 26 Jan 2009

MC with Transact; the daily bars are missing with no regard whether the computer was hibernated or not.

Regards

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 26 Jan 2009

I just use 24 hourly bars .

geizer

Postby geizer » 26 Jan 2009

I just use 24 hourly bars .
Truly brilliant. It's that simple.

nuno-online

Similar problem with missing daily bars

Postby nuno-online » 03 Feb 2009

hi,

i have similar problem (MC v5 beta 2 with interactive data feed) : missing daily bars for every stock symbol I tried (without hibernation )

When i force the chart refresh , the problem is the same
for example!
I included the screenshot of the stock Air France AF (SBF)
The missing daily bars is 28 / 29 / 30-Jan-08.

how can i resolve this problem?
Attachments
AF.png
(89.76 KiB) Downloaded 1544 times

nuno-online

missing daily bars

Postby nuno-online » 05 Feb 2009

What about the problem about missing daily bars?

Nuno

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Feb 2009

Hi Nuno,

Judging by your descriptions, the problem you have been experiencing is different from what other users reported in this thread.

The only way to find out what went wrong in your case, is to connect to your PC remotely. Please either call us or contact us via LiveChat for a remote connection session.

Regards.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 12 Feb 2009

My MC - Version 5.0 Beta 2 (Build 1781) - has a similar problem as nuno-online's MC does. Not only the latest daily bars are missing sometimes but also in-between daily bars are missing sometimes. Screenshot attached. My data feed is Transact.

After refreshing (ctrl+R) some of the missing bars (not all) get finally plotted, but MC fails to plot historical bars. Screenshot attached.

I hope this gets fixed in the newest beta.

Regards
Attachments
missing daily bars after ctrl r.jpg
(67.42 KiB) Downloaded 1543 times
missing daily bars.jpg
(57.23 KiB) Downloaded 1543 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Feb 2009

Hi Tresor,

This is a bug that only manifests itself when plotting daily data from providers who, like TransAct, do not provide daily data. The bug will be fixed in the upcoming release.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 12 Feb 2009

Hi Tresor,

This is a bug that only manifests itself when plotting daily data from providers who, like TransAct, do not provide daily data. The bug will be fixed in the upcoming release.
Cool.

konstantin

Postby konstantin » 13 Feb 2009

Hi Tresor,

For providers who do provide daily data:
I assume during market hours the latest daily bar is made of realtime intraday data.
Is this latest daily bar (made of realtime data) replaced by the official daily data from the provider as soon as it is available?

arnie

Postby arnie » 14 Feb 2009

For providers who do provide daily data:
I assume during market hours the latest daily bar is made of realtime intraday data.
Is this latest daily bar (made of realtime data) replaced by the official daily data from the provider as soon as it is available?
I don't know about that, what I know is that I need to recall the chart every time a new day begins so the previous daily bar is properly plotted.

But for example, today, Saturday, I had friday's (yesterday's) daily bar in the chart and now I've just recall it and that same bar disappear. Now, my ES last daily bar is the February 12th bar. The same happen with EURUSD.FXCM.

Calling daily stock charts, GE, MSFT and INTC are showing this last friday bar, February 13th. Apparently this is a futures and forex issue?

I use IQFeed.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Feb 2009

Hi arnie,

In your case wrong session settings affected the way daily bars were plotted. Once sessions have been corrected by our engineers during a remote connection session, daily bars started being plotted correctly.

Return to “MultiCharts”