Auto Trade With Opentick SYmbol and IB Account

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Auto Trade With Opentick SYmbol and IB Account

Postby Thomas Mann » 21 Jan 2009

Hi,
I have been tryin to figure this out for a few weeks and still do not see how it is possible to do. I have a chart which is fed from Opentick, and I want to run a strategy on the chart and have it send orders to IB. I asked about this a few weeks ago and did not really get a definitive answer. If I insert a strategy and set the parameters as shown in the attached picture when I activate the auto trading I get a not valid field # 55 error. Nowhere in the IB configuration tab do I see where I can add the IB symbol. All I see in the symbols under the auto trading tab is the Opentick symbol. How do I link the IB symbol to the Opentick chart.
thanks
Attachments
Capture.jpg
(242.62 KiB) Downloaded 324 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Jan 2009

Dear Thomas,

When you set up the symbol dictionary with a traded symbol being different from the symbol on the chart, the key is to only indicate the chart symbol (in your case /ESH9 from OpenTick) in the Chart field of the symbol dictionary.

All the other parameters in the symbol dictionary should be as they appear for an IB symbol. In your case the settings should be as follows:

Chart: /ESH9
Underlying: ES
Exchange: GLOBEX
Expiry: 200903
Currency: USD
Category: Future

Please see the attached screenshot.

If you still experience any problems with sending orders, please come to LiveChat and we will make sure everything works properly.
Attachments
symbol dictionary.PNG
(9.42 KiB) Downloaded 322 times

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 22 Jan 2009

Hi Marina,
Thanks a bunch for clarifying this issue for me. I fianlly understand how the auto system works and I got it working.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Jan 2009

Hi Thomas Mann,

I'm glad it's now working for you. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Return to “MultiCharts”