Has the jumping tool bar problem been fixed yet?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Has the jumping tool bar problem been fixed yet?

Postby bowlesj3 » 22 Jan 2009

For TS-Support if they don’t know this already.
Like many traders I use a double monitor setup. Like most traders (if not all traders) I have the execution software on the right so I can see bid/ask/last next to the smaller bar size charts. Some traders may even use tick charts but that is besides the point. The key point is the smaller bar size chart show the smaller levels of waves most important for entry decision refinement so they will likely be the ones on the right side. Also probably like most traders I have my tool bars floating above or below the chart area so I can get as much chart space as possible. Now like most traders with double monitors I am going to want the tool bars on the right hand monitor since most of the tools etc are going to be going on the smaller bar size charts which are on the right hand side (right hand monitor). As TS-Support probably knows there is a bug here (at least in MC 2.1.999.999 there was). It is that when you place the tool bar on the right hand monitor (anywhere on it for that matter) then you click a chart (maybe on the left monitor only but I think it is any chart on either monitor) the tool bar jumps to the left monitor top right corner (every single time without fail). It also does this jump on the notebook on a single monitor but with enough persistence I can finally get it to stick. I have not been able to get this to occur on the double monitor.

So what is different? For me I just developed a new improved triggering technique for stalling prices that requires I use the tool bars a lot more often and it is more important than before that they be on the right hand monitor for all the reasons listed above. So all of a sudden this jumping tool bar problem has become more of a problem.

So the question is this. Has this two-monitor tool bar jump problem been fixed any subsequent version of MC?

Thanks,
John.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 22 Jan 2009

As a followup,

I have managed to achieve what I wanted by straddling the tool bar across the two monitors so that the right hand portion of it has the arrows showing on the right hand monitor. The tool bar will hold this position as I highlight different charts on the workspace. It will speed using them somewhat since they are separated from the other tools (no delay in finding them).

I tried getting the full tool bar to retain its right monitor position by (highlighting a new chart, positioning the tool bar and saving the workspace) and doing this for all all charts one by one. This amount of persistence did not work (it still jumps). So the work around above does not solve the actual problem.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 23 Jan 2009

Only a tiny bit of the left side of the tool bar needs to be showing in the left hand monitor to stop the tool bar from jumping when a new chart is highlighted by clicking on the chart.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Jan 2009

Hi John,

There have been lots of changes since MC 2.1

The toolbar behavior has also undergone considerable changes. In our engineers tests, toolbars have not been changing their location after a chart window has been activated.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 27 Jan 2009

Thanks Marina,

If I get get some free time maybe I can upgrade and try it.

John.

Return to “MultiCharts”