MC STILL creates Data Holes in swing charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vienna

MC STILL creates Data Holes in swing charts

Postby vienna » 31 Jan 2009

Ok, so I got a new, uncorrupted data base, since the problem was due "to a corrupted data base", according to you guys. I always wait until MC finishes all his processes before shutting down the computer. So everything is fine, right?

Wrong. I open a chart which looked fine the last time opened, and there it is: 10 days of data missing about 2 weeks back. I am just now going to my charts, and found already about 15 where this happened.
If I reload the chart, the hole disappears in 90% of the cases, but not 100%.
BUT I HAVE TO VISUALLY NOTICE THE HOLE.
If I don't (and it is hard to see on some charts), and MC saves the data and I shut down- voila! Your program just created a new data hole in my charts.

This continues to be a major pain in the neck, and I SO wish that you guys could finally figure it out. It is hard enough to trade profitably without having to fight the software program.[/u]

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Jan 2009

Hi vienna,
What data vendor is it?
John.

TJ

Postby TJ » 31 Jan 2009

I don't know if these make a difference...

how much data do you load?
bars back?
days back?

how many symbols?

how much RAM, before, and after all the charts are loaded?
what is the peak memory and what is the physical memory?

I read the other thread that your system load slow. These questions might apply to that situation as well.

vienna

I don't know if these make a difference...

how much data do you load?
bars back?
days back?

how many symbols?

how much RAM, before, and after all the charts are loaded?
what is the peak memory and what is the physical memory?

I read the other thread that your system load slow. These questions might apply to that situation as well.
No has nothing to do with my system, Core2 Quad 6600, 2.7 Ghz, 4 Gigs of Ram

vienna

Hi vienna,
What data vendor is it?
John.
esignal

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 31 Jan 2009

So the question that comes to mind is "Do other Esignal users report the same problem or do they report not having problems and in every case (either way) what version of MC are they using?". Also "Did this problem occur with earlier versions you had?". Maybe a subject "Any Esignal users getting holes in data?" would get a (or more) response.

I use IB with MC 2.1.999.999 and have almost no problems. I had a problem with recalculate but I think I found it. Actually there is a bit of a lag during backfill at times causing a missed minute bar but not always and I do this early so it is a none issue basically. At times the daily bars are a bit messed up on my Canadian contract but I don't use daily bars that much.

Marina Pashkova

Re: MC STILL creates Data Holes in swing charts

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Feb 2009

Ok, so I got a new, uncorrupted data base, since the problem was due "to a corrupted data base", according to you guys. I always wait until MC finishes all his processes before shutting down the computer. So everything is fine, right?

Wrong. I open a chart which looked fine the last time opened, and there it is: 10 days of data missing about 2 weeks back. I am just now going to my charts, and found already about 15 where this happened.
If I reload the chart, the hole disappears in 90% of the cases, but not 100%.
BUT I HAVE TO VISUALLY NOTICE THE HOLE.
If I don't (and it is hard to see on some charts), and MC saves the data and I shut down- voila! Your program just created a new data hole in my charts.

This continues to be a major pain in the neck, and I SO wish that you guys could finally figure it out. It is hard enough to trade profitably without having to fight the software program.[/u]
Hi vienna,

Please contact us via LiveChat for a remote connection session. Our engineers will need to connect to your PC to indentify and fix the problem or gather information on what it has been caused by.

P.S. What version of MC are you using?
P.P.S. Where did you get your new 'uncorrupted' database from?

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”