Studies incorrectly reverting back to subchart #1

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Studies incorrectly reverting back to subchart #1

Postby bowlesj3 » 03 Feb 2009

I don't know if it has been fixed but in MC 2.1.999.999 when you turn a study off and back on that is assigned to subchart #2 it will (I think every single time) reset itself to the main subchart #1. If I remember correctly it does this on recomple too. It correctly holds its indicator settings so the way I see it the subchart assignment should also be held.

bowlesj3

Actually it does not do it every single time when you turn it off and on. It was happening to me yesterday on one study and I have seen it before at times. I haven't found a pattern to know exactly what trips it.

bowlesj3

Actually there is a variant to this problem. I just turned on a study that was assigned to subchart #1 but a study that I had turned off for a long time. It assigned itself to a new subchart at the bottom. I just did a little test. I turned it on, I assigned it to subchart #1 which is what I want and I could toggle off and on as many times as I want and it would remember the setting. So I pressed control + S while it was on. I turned it off and pressed control + S again. I closed down MC and restarted it and then turned the study on and it assigns it to the bottom. MC can't remember the last (study turned on) subchart assignment across sessions.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 03 Feb 2009, edited 2 times in total.

bowlesj3

I just went back and retested the first variant.

I tested two different studies assigned to subchart #2. One reversts back to subchart #1 every single time I turn it off then back on. The other one "an RSI variant of myne" manages to hold its subchart #2 setting when I turn it off then back on. I don't know why the second one fails.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 03 Feb 2009

I've seen that happen on Ver 5.2 as well. It seems to be occasionally and not every time.

bowlesj3

Yes, I have noticed in the past that some studies will do it occasionally to as opposted to my test of variant #2 above where one will hold subchart #2 (every single time) and the other one keeps reverting back to subchart #1 (every single time).

Return to “MultiCharts”