Difference in charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

Difference in charts

Postby york timothy » 05 Feb 2009

Hello,
I use MC as well as AB for charting etc. The charts I use are Constant Volume charts, specifically the 16807 and the 117649 for the most part. My data provider is DTNIQ for both software and yet my charts are different when I look at them. In MC I might have a spinning top and on AB I have a Bullish Engulfing or some other candle.
Why would this be when I use the same data provider for both software?

Tim

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Feb 2009

add the volume histogram to the bottom of the chart.

if the chart was built properly, you should see all the bars are of the same height.

york timothy

Postby york timothy » 05 Feb 2009

Good idea TJ, thank you.

Tim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Feb 2009

Hi Tim,

In case you notice any difference in volume, could you please send me screenshots showing those discrepancies?

Thank you.

drwar

Re: Difference in charts

Postby drwar » 14 Feb 2009

[quote]Hello,
I use MC as well as AB for charting etc. The charts I use are Constant Volume charts, specifically the 16807 and the 117649 for the most part. My data provider is DTNIQ for both software and yet my charts are different when I look at them. In MC I might have a spinning top and on AB I have a Bullish Engulfing or some other candle.
Why would this be when I use the same data provider for both software?

Tim[/quote]

Assuming the volume bars are built with the exact same formula and assuming the volume bars start being built on the exact same tick and assuming the volume bars are terninated and truncated at the exact same session time and tick and restart again on the exact same tick then they should be exactly the same. However the probability of all these conditions being true is probably greater than a million to one.

J~

Return to “MultiCharts”