"Merge Data Sources to Single Chart"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drewb4

"Merge Data Sources to Single Chart"

Postby drewb4 » 19 Feb 2009

Because of the pacing violation with IB, I have tried to set esignal as the historical data source for the YM #F contract, and IB as the real-time source for YM MAR09. However, I only subscribe to esignal end-of-day pricing.

1) Is this going to cause a problem when MC runs during the day? or is historical data only loaded once on opening MC?

2) I also set up autotrading to IB, and the first try with the merged data sources came up with an error in the symbol definition for YM (YM #F esignal doesn't exist in IB). Therefore, I simply set the underlying for YM #F as "YM" in the symbol directory properties for Interactive Brokers. Was this sufficient to prevent MC from trying to execute 2 orders for YM #F and YM MAR09 since both symbols are on the same chart?

Marina Pashkova

Re: "Merge Data Sources to Single Chart"

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Feb 2009

Hi drewb4,
Because of the pacing violation with IB, I have tried to set esignal as the historical data source for the YM #F contract, and IB as the real-time source for YM MAR09. However, I only subscribe to esignal end-of-day pricing.

1) Is this going to cause a problem when MC runs during the day? or is historical data only loaded once on opening MC?
This setup should not cause problems in MC.
2) I also set up autotrading to IB, and the first try with the merged data sources came up with an error in the symbol definition for YM (YM #F esignal doesn't exist in IB). Therefore, I simply set the underlying for YM #F as "YM" in the symbol directory properties for Interactive Brokers. Was this sufficient to prevent MC from trying to execute 2 orders for YM #F and YM MAR09 since both symbols are on the same chart?
You set up everything correctly. When trading merged symbols or symbols from providers other than IB, all the symbol's attributes in the symbol dictionary must be those of the IB's symbol. Only the 'Chart' field should contain the name of the symbol as displayed on the chart.

If you need any assistance setting up your charts for trading, please contact our customer support.

Return to “MultiCharts”