Reload in offline mode should redraw chart using local

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Reload in offline mode should redraw chart using local

Postby 2haerim » 28 Feb 2009

[1] MC from time to time fails to plot the correct chart missing many bars even though all the data are saved in QM. So we have to reload if something is wrong with the chart.

Once redrawing is started, MC queries all the range of data from the remote data server even thought the QM has all the clean data up to yesterday or even up to just 10 minutes ago. It is totally unnecesary to download all the data again because most users try to keep the data clean as possible as they can and it takes so much time and also there is no guarantee that all the data is available in the remote server. That's why we seriously need 1 day or 1 hour reload. Ok. let's take it as it is now and we accept the fact that all the data should be downloaded again from the remote server. Everything is ok only if the remote data server has all range of data requested. But most of the real world server limits the range of history data downloading. So when downloading is started some of the requested data is not available from the remote server because of the download limitation or temporary data unavailablity for some reasons. In that case remote server returns 0 data for some range. Now MC just believes that there will be no data from that remote server FOREVER until I reload the whole chart. However the remote data server could increase the limitation or the temporary unavailablity has been resolved and data is ready again. In this case, when MC plots a chart including such range, it does not request data for that range because MC somehow records that the remote server has no data at all and decided not to query again for 0 data ranges. Why not MC request such 0 data ranges again when plotting the same chart again or change some settings see if the data is available again? Currently the only way is to reload. If MC retry to request the 0 data range everytime it plots a chart, then we do not have to reload in many cases. Closing and reopening the chart does not solve but the painful reload is the only answer.

[2] Reload in offline mode never uses the local data?
Once a chart is plotted wrong, the only way is to reload. In offline mode, this does not work. The wrong chart is never corrected even though the data in QM is correct and even after all the missing data is imported from ascii file. Reload in offline mode should use the local data, I think.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 28 Feb 2009

+ 1 in total agreement

Andrew Kirillov

Re: Reload in offline mode should redraw chart using local

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 18 Mar 2009

[1] MC from time to time fails to plot the correct chart missing many bars even though all the data are saved in QM. So we have to reload if something is wrong with the chart.
It is not confirmed. I don't believe it is true because this is most frequently used feature and it would be obvious if it doesn't work. We need evidences please.
[2] Reload in offline mode never uses the local data?
Once a chart is plotted wrong, the only way is to reload. In offline mode, this does not work. The wrong chart is never corrected even though the data in QM is correct and even after all the missing data is imported from ascii file. Reload in offline mode should use the local data, I think.
It is not confirmed too. According to our tests it works properly on eSignal, Free Quotes and DDE data plugins.
I assume something is wrong with you homebrew data plugin. However it is necessary to investigate. Contact us.

Return to “MultiCharts”