MC 5 Beta 4: problem with charts of around 100,000 quotes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dupl

MC 5 Beta 4: problem with charts of around 100,000 quotes

Postby dupl » 11 Mar 2009

Hello,

this version loads data in (Data Server Mode: Online + Download missing historical data) from IB faster.
BUT with some charts with data of around 100,000 quotes, my PC is freezing all the time if I want scroll the chart or something else.

This didnt happen with the version before!

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 12 Mar 2009

Thank you for the report. Does it freeze as a dead lock or just slow down your pc?

dupl

Postby dupl » 12 Mar 2009

Does it freeze as a dead lock or just slow down your pc?
Both. Depends on how many bars loaded, I think. If I load a workspace with ~100,000 bars too my other open worspaces I use every day, than the complete PC freeze as a dead lock, for around 2-4 Minutes. Than a few seconds I can move the mouse, than it freeze again, until the bars are loaded.

I just did post an similar topic here, were only MC is freezing:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=6157

Andrew Kirillov

Andrew Kirillov

Its too private. But I can say that I have in most of the Workspaces 2-4 charts and the each charts has 3-6 datasources (Bid, Ask, Trade).
I understand that your studies are proprietary. However it is hard to find the issue without exact scenario. Could you send workspaces without your indicators. It is possible it will help, but your studies can cause the freezing, because indicators are most CPU intensive.
Since your task manager shows apprx. 200 mb for all MC process, the number of bar is not a case.
Try to isolate the issue and give me more information.
Thank you

Return to “MultiCharts”