DTN and Open Interest

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Geoff

DTN and Open Interest

Postby Geoff » 08 Apr 2009

When I add the Open Interest indicator to a chart using DTN Iqfeed I get no data, but I am getting the data in other applications.

A more general question but I'm guessing the answer is related:
DTN list the available data elements for each symbol, how do I access these in Power Language?

Avg Mat, Regional Vol, Tot Assets, Volume, Tick Vol, B Size, A Size, Open Int, Delay, 7day Yield, ET Last, ET Change, ET Diff, Last, Change, % Chg, High, Low, Bid, Ask, Range, Open, Close, Spread, Strike, Settle, Tick Trend, Bid Tick, Symbol, NAV, FSI
Mkt Center, Restricted, T Time, Type, Trade Date, Exp Date, ChgFrmOpn, Days to Exp, Prev Vol, Regions, OpenRange, CloseRange, OpenRange2, CloseRange2, TradesToday, BidTime, AskTime, VWAP, TickID,
Exchange, LT Debt, Shares Out, Avg Vol, 52wk High, 52wk Low, Cal High, Cal Low, Div Yield, Div Amt, Div Rate, EPS, Next Year EPS, 5yr Growth %, % Held, Beta, Assets, Liabilities, P/E, Split2 Ratio, Fisc Yr End, Name, Option Symbols, Leap Symbols, SIC
Split1 Ratio, Split1 Date, Split2 Date, Div Pay Date, Ex Div, Bal Date, Hist Vol, Security Type, Listed Market, 52wk High Date, 52wk Low Date, Cal High Date, Cal Low Date

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 Apr 2009

Geoff,
We will add OI in the next versions of MC.

I'm not mistaken you can access Volume, Tick Vol, B Size, A Size from scripts.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 14 Apr 2009

Thank You Andrew,

I'm not that familiar with scripting this sort of thing yet but the introduction of the scanner has opened up a whole new world of things I can do. From the list above, settle, 52wk High and 52wk Low were the 1st ones I was looking at using. I just don't know how that relates to power language. Can you point me to any information on this?

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Apr 2009

Geoff,

52wk High/Lows are special fields that are provided by a data feed. We don't allow to get and just plot these values yet, but will definitely do it in the future.

You can get this values by computing them on your side, but it will require to create a script that will make calculations and it is not fact these values will match official ones.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 20 Apr 2009

I got it now. I thought it was just I didn't know how to do it.

Thanks for clearing that up,
Geoff

Return to “MultiCharts”