Bar spacing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Bar spacing

Postby iso » 23 Apr 2009

Hello,

Is it possible to make the keys to expand and decrease bar spacing configurable so you can use the up and down arrows instead of ctrl +-?

Also are you going to add all bar types on the toolbar or even better make the toolbar configurable or even better make it so you can use hotkeys to do it :)

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Re: Bar spacing

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Apr 2009

Hi iso,
Hello,

Is it possible to make the keys to expand and decrease bar spacing configurable so you can use the up and down arrows instead of ctrl +-?
Up and down keys are already reserved for moving the data series up and down on the chart.
Also are you going to add all bar types on the toolbar or even better make the toolbar configurable or even better make it so you can use hotkeys to do it :)
We have been considering the above; however these changes are in longer term plans.

iso

Postby iso » 24 Apr 2009

It would be interesting to find out how many users use the bar spacing keys vs. the up and down keys to move the entire data series up and down. Personally I find myself only using the bar spacing keys, it would be much more efficient for my use to use the arrows for spacing.

Thanks for the help

TJ

Postby TJ » 24 Apr 2009

i am a mouse person...
i seldom use the keyboard

Fabrice Daniel

Postby Fabrice Daniel » 24 Apr 2009

It would be interesting to find out how many users use the bar spacing keys vs. the up and down keys to move the entire data series up and down. Personally I find myself only using the bar spacing keys, it would be much more efficient for my use to use the arrows for spacing.
+++1

I agree. bar Spacing may represent 80% to 90% of the "navigation" I perform on a chart. The 10% to 20% are for scrolling left and right ... but up and down ?? who use that ? When a label or object is a little bit out of the chart I simply decrease bar spacing (zoom out) ... so I see everything.

iso

Postby iso » 24 Apr 2009

yes that represents the majority of my use also.

arnie

Postby arnie » 25 Apr 2009

bar spacing without CTRL +- it's not bar spacing :P

I use and abuse of CTRL +-

One of the key shortcuts that needs to be added is the CTRL left/right arrows to scroll the chart to the left and to the right.

If we click the left and right arrow we scroll the chart but only bar by bar.Needless to say that this is a bit painful.

CTRL left/right arrows would allow to scroll the chart by, for example, a full day or even half a day.

Now that I'm thinking about this, it would be interesting though to have CTRL up/down arrows for bar increasing and CTRL left/right arrows for scrolling. This could definitely enhanced the visualisation of a chart

regrads,
Fernando

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 May 2009

bar spacing without CTRL +- it's not bar spacing :P

I use and abuse of CTRL +-

One of the key shortcuts that needs to be added is the CTRL left/right arrows to scroll the chart to the left and to the right.

If we click the left and right arrow we scroll the chart but only bar by bar.Needless to say that this is a bit painful.

CTRL left/right arrows would allow to scroll the chart by, for example, a full day or even half a day.

Now that I'm thinking about this, it would be interesting though to have CTRL up/down arrows for bar increasing and CTRL left/right arrows for scrolling. This could definitely enhanced the visualisation of a chart

regrads,
Fernando
Do you ever use Page Up and Page Down to scroll your charts?

arnie

Postby arnie » 01 May 2009

Do you ever use Page Up and Page Down to scroll your charts?
Hi Marina.

Actually, I've never used page up and page down :shock:
That's a new feature for me :oops:

see, that's why it's so important to have a key shortcut list so we know them by heart, though, for that to happen we also need to have MC equiped with a key shortcut option :wink:

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
Fernando

Return to “MultiCharts”