Beta 5.6 error message

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

Beta 5.6 error message

Postby flipflopper » 27 Apr 2009

see attached. I got this when closing MultiCharts.
Attachments
error.png
(10.86 KiB) Downloaded 697 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Apr 2009

Hi flipflopper,

What OS do you have MC installed on?

From what I understand, you didn't use to have this problem before (you've been using MC for quite a while). Did you upgrade your operation system by any chance?

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 28 Apr 2009

No. It's still XP SP3.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 28 Apr 2009

I had MC beta6 lock up during shutdown last night, so I went back to Beta5.
I normally have about 15 workspaces open. During shutdown, the first 13 closed ok on about the 14th workspace, MC_ locked up. That never happened with beta5.
Attachments
MC_beta6 Error.jpg
(55.37 KiB) Downloaded 670 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 May 2009

No. It's still XP SP3.
Hi flipflopper,

How often does Runtime error occur? What MC version are you using?
Can you please send us:

-The workspace
- An archive with the applied studies
- Logs after the error has occurred again.

Thank you!

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 May 2009

I had MC beta6 lock up during shutdown last night, so I went back to Beta5.
I normally have about 15 workspaces open. During shutdown, the first 13 closed ok on about the 14th workspace, MC_ locked up. That never happened with beta5.
Hi Steven,

What do you mean when you say “during shutdown last night”? Do you shut down your PC when MC with those 15 worskpaces is running?
We will also need:

- your workspaces
- the file with your studies applied to the charts in those workspaces
- logs

If you cannot provide the above information, please contact us for a remote connection session to demonstrate the problem.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 07 May 2009

Marina: I shutdown and reboot the computer every night when TWS shuts down at 10pm Mountain time.
When I say "shut down", I mean that after TWS shuts down, I hit "save workspaces", and close MC normally. Then I close the power editor allowing 10 minutes or so, for it to save the data, reboot the computer, defrag, re-start TWS, then start MC again. I do this to be sure that the memory is flushed. It might be overkill but I need 100% reliability, as I trade for a living.
With MC5 beta6 I had the problem, so I had to close MC through Windows("end task"), I re-booted the computer and removed beta6 and re-installed beta5, no problems since.
The indicators are proprietary, so I can't help much with that.
It happened in the middle of the week at 10pm my time, so I didn't mess with saving any debug log files (not sure where they are) I was more concerned(paniced) with getting it back up and running for the next day. ( I have several open positions to monitor)
If you give me the location of the debug file, I will save it, if it happens again.
I ran beta6 for about a week with no problems before that happened, so it's not common with beta6 but it did happen that one time. (XP sp3, & quad core cpu)

Return to “MultiCharts”