field " description "

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maxme

field " description "

Postby maxme » 01 May 2009

Hi
1) why the field " description " ( name of the symbol ) its not added in the Scanner , it's an optional not useful.... ? I think in fact that in the Scanner where its logic that an user will add a lot of symbols , a " description " field will be very useful if not indispensable to recognize a symbol ; it's impossible that a person remember all the name of dozens of symbols .......!
2) I think also that it will be very useful to add the possibility of " load a previous or next symbol " from a symbol list or from a local data source in the pc of the user ; this is useful for a fast screening of a group of symbols .
Best regards
Massimo

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 01 May 2009

Just create an indicator called

Description

plot1(description, "description");

and add it to the scanner.

Marina Pashkova

Re: field " description "

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 May 2009

Hi Massimo,
Hi
1) why the field " description " ( name of the symbol ) its not added in the Scanner , it's an optional not useful.... ? I think in fact that in the Scanner where its logic that an user will add a lot of symbols , a " description " field will be very useful if not indispensable to recognize a symbol ; it's impossible that a person remember all the name of dozens of symbols .......!
Geoff is right. Simply use the indicator he posted.
2) I think also that it will be very useful to add the possibility of " load a previous or next symbol " from a symbol list or from a local data source in the pc of the user ; this is useful for a fast screening of a group of symbols .
Best regards
Massimo
What symbol list would you like to download the data from? What is the 'local data source in the pc of the user'?

Thank you in advance for clarifications.

TJ

Postby TJ » 01 May 2009

Just create an indicator called
Description
plot1(description, "description");
and add it to the scanner.
Thanks. That's a good tip.

maxme

load the previous or next symbol

Postby maxme » 07 May 2009

Hi
thank You for the reply !
I use TS2000 GlobalServer .xpo data and when I want to chart one of this data from GlobalServer in MC I must everytime select a " format symbol or insert symbol " in MC ; my data in GB are sorted for symbol or description so if I wish to load the previous or next symbol it will be useful and faster simply to add in MC the buttons as in TS2000 " load previous or next symbol " .
best regards
Massimo

Return to “MultiCharts”