MC Performance  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2006

Same here on monday morning. I get the impression that the complete history is loaded from IB-TWS again, although its available in the MC database. I run the 'On-Demand' mode in MC.

On Sunday I run MC in the 'Offline' mode and all the data was available at once!

Lutz

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 20 Feb 2006

On Sunday I too was using the offline and data worked well, then this morning I opened workspace, switched to ON DEMAND (IB) to get misssing data for NQ 15 min, then I clicked reload ( I assume you need to click relaod to activate get the missing data after you switch back to On demand from offline?, window said connecting but after 5 min of no data, I gave up loading and closed workspace.

zonetrader

Gaps in data  [SOLVED]

Postby zonetrader » 22 Feb 2006

On Sunday I too was using the offline and data worked well, then this morning I opened workspace, switched to ON DEMAND (IB) to get misssing data for NQ 15 min, then I clicked reload ( I assume you need to click relaod to activate get the missing data after you switch back to On demand from offline?, window said connecting but after 5 min of no data, I gave up loading and closed workspace.
This is the problem with version 1.80.393.784 and above.Unlike earlier versions where MC must be connected to a data source to work, these newer versions give us the option to select "On-Demand" or Online.The problem here is that when we select On-Demand,MC really go and redownload EVERYTHING from the data source.That means it will take a few hours,depending on the duration of the required data.If we select Online,MC will just get real time data from that moment onwards - This means a big gap between the last download of real time data to the present download.I wonder if the rest of the users know about this? Will the newer version rectify this problem?

Return to “MultiCharts”