MC 6.0 chargable update question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

MC 6.0 chargable update question

Postby bowlesj3 » 23 May 2009

I was looking at the features in the newer versions of MC including gold and MC 5.1 and being a discretionary trader it appears that only MC 6.0 (which is chargeable) will have anything of much interest to me. Specifically the replay feature (assuming it has instant chart cursor start and the bars look exactly as they did during the trading day). So the question is, when MC 6.0 comes out, will we be able to take a demo trial period of a month to see if there are any abort issues or other serious issues before committing?

The other minor concern I have with MC 6.0 is having too redo tools every futures roll over since tools will now be attached to the symbol. The question is, will I be able to store my tool settings in the custom tool bar so I can simply pop the tool in again (with all the preset line colors, checkboxes, defaults, whatever) and then just size it? Will this be possible with any tool available in MC?

By the way, what will be the upgrade fee for MC 6.0?

Thanks,
John.

danilo

Multichart 5.0 Gold Liftime license

Postby danilo » 25 May 2009

The buyer of Multichart 5.0 Gold will be able to upgrade to MC 6.0 for free ? the lifetime license will enable to upgrade for free for all the future versions ?

Regards,
Danilo

Andrew Kirillov

Re: MC 6.0 chargable update question

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 27 May 2009

So the question is, when MC 6.0 comes out, will we be able to take a demo trial period of a month to see if there are any abort issues or other serious issues before committing?
Yes, of course.
The other minor concern I have with MC 6.0 is having too redo tools every futures roll over since tools will now be attached to the symbol. The question is, will I be able to store my tool settings in the custom tool bar so I can simply pop the tool in again (with all the preset line colors, checkboxes, defaults, whatever) and then just size it? Will this be possible with any tool available in MC?
What tools are you referring to?
By the way, what will be the upgrade fee for MC 6.0?
Yes, please see http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=6364

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 04 Jun 2009

Hi Andrew,

Regarding
What tools are you referring to?
The main one I use is "Fibonacci Retracement Price Lines" but I have them set to simply show me profit amounts of $50 $100, etc to $400 for one symbol and another set of values for the second symbol.

Fibonacci speed resistance fan I have a special use for.
Fibonacci Trend Based Price extension lines I also have a special use for.

John.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 05 Jun 2009

Regarding the above post, the underlying pattern is if the trader uses the tool several different ways on a regular basis they would want to create a button to quickly create another instance of each of those. The simplest example is the trend line of say 3 colors regularly placed where some are extended to the right and some are not. If they only use one version then there is no need to use the custom tool bar button to store their settings ( The main definition is good enough).

Return to “MultiCharts”