Changing Cursor Increment

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

Changing Cursor Increment

Postby flipflopper » 10 Jun 2009

I've switched to the ES contract recently and notice that when I move my cursor up and down on the chart the price shown goes in increments of two decimal places (937.26, 937.27, 937.28, etc.) But in reality the contract only trades in increments of .25. (937.25, 937.50, 937.75, etc)

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 10 Jun 2009

I guess my question is how do I get my cursor to jump increments of .25 when moving my cursor up and down on a chart.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 11 Jun 2009

The same goes for drawing tools as well, eg. when putting a horizontal line it's difficult to get it exactly on .25, .50 etc. without manually editing the lines properties. When you set up the symbol in QM there is a min movement setting but this has no effect on charts. When using fractional price display now my grain charts work well as the line always goes to the nearest 1/4.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 11 Jun 2009

I like the way it works. It's smooth in the vertical direction, just like every charting package I've ever used. Sometimes; when I am laying down a horizontal line, I actually have to open up the properties and type in the exact price I want it. Most of the time I just put a line down and it's "close enough" and I don't change the properties, maybe I just set an alert.
I love Multicharts. It feels like home.

Geoff

Postby Geoff » 11 Jun 2009

I was just pointing out it increments the same as the price scale, so for ES it's scale is 1/100. Since the introduction of fractional prices I find it so much easier to place lines as they respect the 1/4 price scale which just also happens to be the min movement. It's no big deal but it would be so much easier to use if the decimal symbols worked in the same way as the fractional ones.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Jun 2009

In Qcharts you can press the shift key after placing the first anchor of the line and with the shift key down the second anchor will snap perfectly to horizontal or vertical or any 45 degree angle in between. It is real handy and a requested feature for MC.

Regarding the other request flipflopper had maybe there could be a way to get a line to snap to an exact .25 .50 .75 .00 if there was a checkbox turned on and as always it could be a default and stored with whatever settings in a custom tool bar. Therefore one button would be for lines of a certain type that do not snap and another custom tool bar button would be for the ones that snap to price and another could be for lines that snap to .25 .50 .75 .00

Return to “MultiCharts”