Bar magnifier not working at all in beta 2

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Phil Pw

Bar magnifier not working at all in beta 2

Postby Phil Pw » 08 Jul 2009

BAr magnifier are not working at all in the latest version of 5.5 beta. I wait and wait amd wait and no signal at all. I just receive a message strategies are calculating. I plot ES chart 512 tick 2 days.

Phil

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 09 Jul 2009

Dear Phil,
It works fine according to our tests. Could you send us your signals and workspaces?
P.S. Please let me know QuoteManager's symbol sessions and settings.
Last edited by Andrew Kirillov on 09 Jul 2009, edited 1 time in total.

ABC

Postby ABC » 09 Jul 2009

Hi Phil,

I have found the bar magnifier working with yesterdays Beta so far. I tried 30 minute charts and 100 Tick charts and a bar magnifier of 1 tick in both cases. Sometimes it took a bit to calculate, but it's showing results.

Regards,

ABC

Phil Pw

Postby Phil Pw » 09 Jul 2009

I have a problem too with my 3 chart of minute bar of ES and the market scanner that have 144 tick bar on it. The session template for the 3 chart of ES of minute chart have the session set to open cry time meaning 8h30 to 15h15 central but. But my local time his eastern time. ANd on the market scanner the session template are 24/7 time. I have a problem this ON the market scanner the time that the realtime quote work are when the open cry work. It's mean that my 3 chart of ES and the market scanner have a problem between each other. Maybe the the problem to the cause. I test on a YM chart that are not a default save of my workspace and it's working the Bar magnifer.

Phil

Phil Pw

Postby Phil Pw » 12 Jul 2009

Andrew this is my workspace the have the problem.

On my market scanner for ES
Setting 24 hour session template. But I received only the quote like the open cry session.

On the 3 chart of ES
Setting open cry session. No problem with this 3 charts.

Maybe it's has problem with multisession on the same workspace and maybe it's causing the bar maginifer not working proprely on ES chart.

On this workspace I only have problem with ES chart.
Attachments
workspace problem.wsp
(125.03 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

Nick

Postby Nick » 13 Jul 2009

Can I read a bit more about the bar magnifier? Does it let you have indicators 'see inside' a bar tick by tick. That would be outstanding!

Phil Pw

Postby Phil Pw » 13 Jul 2009

Hi Nick,

It's for replying the realtime in backtesting. It's like the intrabar tick by tick of TS

Phil

Phil Pw

Postby Phil Pw » 13 Jul 2009

Hi Nick,

It's for replying the realtime in backtesting. It's like the intrabar tick by tick of TS

Phil

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 Jul 2009

Andrew this is my workspace the have the problem.

On my market scanner for ES
Setting 24 hour session template. But I received only the quote like the open cry session.

On the 3 chart of ES
Setting open cry session. No problem with this 3 charts.

Maybe it's has problem with multisession on the same workspace and maybe it's causing the bar maginifer not working proprely on ES chart.

On this workspace I only have problem with ES chart.

Phil,
Thank you!
We confirm a bug. The scanner session templates stop to work after we introduced Bar Magnifier.
We are fixing the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”