Is it possible to export symbols out of a scanner window yet

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Is it possible to export symbols out of a scanner window yet

Postby iso » 14 Jul 2009

Hello,

Is it possible to export symbols out of a scanner window. After I sort all the symbols in a scanner window I take out all the symbols that have met a criteria, so it would be useful to be able to select the symbols you are interested in and copy them out of the window.......

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 23 Jul 2009

Hi iso,

Exporting symbols from Real-Time Market Scanner is not possible yet. We are considering implementing a feature that would allow copying and pasting data from the scanner. But we don't have an ETA for that yet.

P.S. At the moment you can only copy symbols and resolutions one at a time within a scanner window.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 06 Aug 2009

P.S. At the moment you can only copy symbols and resolutions one at a time within a scanner window.
I appreciate the statement of the current facts here (always!) - but as to the development procedures that led to this situation, I have to suggest there is a continuing problem.

Please make a RULE:

Anywhere in the program that a column of symbols is implemented for any reason, also implement cutting/pasting the list of symbols from/to that column (sole exception: when one of the operations makes no sense in the context).

This needs to be part of your developer's "feature implementation checklist" - as failing to do it simply should not happen.

Sorry to be so didactic, but the need for a "feature implementation checklist" is old business that apparently has still not been taken care of! :(

P.S. There are definitely some nice improvements in 5.0.2369 !

Return to “MultiCharts”