PLEditor Crashes- "FUNCTION" for StochRSI

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
neurotrader

PLEditor Crashes- "FUNCTION" for StochRSI

Postby neurotrader » 20 Feb 2006

I have spent a few hours trying to import the function for StochRSI. PLEditor keeps crashing. When I imported the function was empty so I tried to add it manually.
The old formula is as follow;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Input: Price(Numeric),RSILen(Numeric),Length(Numeric);

StochRSI = IFF((Highest(RSI(Price, RSILen), Length) - Lowest(RSI(Price, RSILen), Length)) <> 0, (RSI(Price, RSILen) - Lowest(RSI(Price, RSILen), Length)) / (Highest(RSI(Price, RSILen), Length) - Lowest(RSI(Price, RSILen), Length)), StochRSI[1])

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above was taken from SuperCharts 4.0 RT manually.

Here is a pic of my screen with PLEditor crash http://ca.geocities.com/neurotrader@rog ... Editor.gif

Then I must use Task Manager to shut down PLEditor.

Thanks

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 20 Feb 2006

I found away to make it work by changing the StochRSI to a diff name in formula ..like adding a 1 or what ever.. Then at bottom make sure you write

StochRSI = StochRSI1;

worked for me but wish PLEditor would not crash on error and need to use task manager to close. Something to look at.

Even with all these bugs, this software looks to be a winner once everything come together.

Thank you

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 22 Feb 2006

Dear neurotrader,

Thank you very much for the report and solution. We confirm that we have this problem and it will be fixed in the shortly.

mox

Import study

Postby mox » 19 Mar 2006

Please bear with me, I'm new to PLEditor and creating statagies. I'm attempting to come over from Qcharts.

I open PLEditor, import the *.xml, compile it and save it. It's now a function. How do I get it into a study or stratagy?

It may be basic, but I'm starting from scratch. I've read the forum, but haven't been able to find the required steps.

thanks

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 20 Mar 2006

Then you plot a chart for the symbol you need, right-click and select Insert Study. In the list of studies you see your new study (this is what indicators are called in MC) or add-on on the corresponding tab, under the name you saved it as. Select it and click OK to apply in to the chart.
Right-click the chart and select format Studies to access the study's settings

Return to “MultiCharts”