Time and sales

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
futurestrader019

Time and sales

Postby futurestrader019 » 04 Sep 2009

Is Time and sales available through MC? If so, how do you access it and what version of MC has this?

thanks

TJ

Postby TJ » 04 Sep 2009

MultiCharts does not show Time and Sales.

for IB users, you can get it from TWS.

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 05 Sep 2009

That's too bad that MC still does not have a simple T&S window... Seems like a simple thing to program.

:roll:

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 07 Sep 2009

That's too bad that MC still does not have a simple T&S window... Seems like a simple thing to program.
That's true, but often times redundant. Many times your data provider also has a T&S window available. I.e.: IB, eSignal, etc. I use NT/ZenFire and it has very nice T&S windows that can be color coded and size filtered. I use a free program called "PowerMenu" that allows me to put it right on top of the MC chart I am trading in and right next to the currentbar. I set the transparency so I can see the chart underneath. I use NT to trade and actually have the Depth of Market as horizontal bars right inside the NT Chart I am using to trade on - That's what would be really nice in MC.
So, there are various ways around the lack of T&S in MC that actually work out better than if it was native to MC.

futurestrader019

Postby futurestrader019 » 07 Sep 2009

That's true, but often times redundant. Many times your data provider also has a T&S window available. I.e.: IB, eSignal, etc. I use NT/ZenFire and it has very nice T&S windows that can be color coded and size filtered. I use a free program called "PowerMenu" that allows me to put it right on top of the MC chart I am trading in and right next to the currentbar. I set the transparency so I can see the chart underneath. I use NT to trade and actually have the Depth of Market as horizontal bars right inside the NT Chart I am using to trade on - That's what would be really nice in MC.
So, there are various ways around the lack of T&S in MC that actually work out better than if it was native to MC.

I agree, there are workarounds IF your broker provides T&S. I am w/ Open ECry and they do not provide them either, so it would be nice for the charting platform to do this.

The data is there, just create a small function inside MC that supports T&S already. This has been requested many times over and MC continues to ignore it.

Return to “MultiCharts”