Interactive Brokers INDEX BackFill

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
neurotrader

Interactive Brokers INDEX BackFill

Postby neurotrader » 22 Feb 2006

I have been told that there is no backfill for IB Indexes. But on Quote Tracker when using IB Indexes I found that When a QT chart has data gaps ..I backfill and it works! ...

Can MC do the same?

Now it "may or may not be" only backfills the same day data. But even if that was the case, that would be great. Specialy if one gets cut off and has missing data during the day.

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 22 Feb 2006

Another suggestion for Indexes with those using IB feed is, Free quotes from Yahoo does a great job geting history. Yahoo is also realtime on current INDEX quotes. When you use Merge History with Free Quotes and Then select realtime with free quotes to get current day INDEX price it does not work. All you get is History to previous day close. Is there away that one can can add current INDEX price from Free Quotes? .. Yahoo is a great source and most Indexes are realtime. A refresh button on tool bar to refresh current free index quote on chart? .. Just some thoughts to get around IB regarding indexes.

I have also noticed that some of IB's INDEX closing prices are not that accurate.

Yahoo seems to be great for indexes

Return to “MultiCharts”