Feature request: Strategy Positions Overview with Alerts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
indsvote

Feature request: Strategy Positions Overview with Alerts

Postby indsvote » 09 Oct 2009

I would strongly suggest MC consider including functionality similar to what TS have in their Strategy Positions Tab in Trademanager. This is - and would be - a sort of Control Center for all the strategy induced trades with Real Time P/L.

One of the beauties with this screen is that it also includes Alerts (Trademanager Preferences) based on Strategy Filled Order and other triggers. This means that you can have an email sent to you every time a Strategy has issued an order - and if you use an external provider or appropriate software - you may also have a text messagesent to your mobile.

This makes the software an extremely valuable tool as a half automatic trading system - where you may place orders manually based on the real time alerts using your broker of choice. This is an effective way of enhancing strategy trading without having orders sent directly to a broker.

But - even if you are using some of the supported Brokers (like IB) I think there is a strong need for an "Information/Control Center" like this showing which orders have been sent to the broker via API. I find that tracking what has happened and what is ON - an extremely important feature.

So - the design is there - look to TS - and I hope other users and the MC Staff see the benefit from such a feature.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 09 Oct 2009

Its planed for future release, hopefully version 6 will have it.

Return to “MultiCharts”