backfilling issues

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

backfilling issues

Postby arnie » 15 Nov 2009

Hi.

Though the latest MC versions came a bit better regarding the backfill time when dealing with IQFeed, things continue to be quite painful.

This week I requested 1 year of 1 minute ES data. It took around 6 minutes do backfill.
Now, when we close MC, supposedly , the data downloaded should have been saved in QM's database, right?

So why, everytime that I recall that data lenght in online or offline mode, I need to wait, every single time, another 6 or more minutes to load the chart? If that data is already saved in my HD, why does it take all that time do be loaded?

In online mode it sounds that the data is being downloaded again, but in offline mode... I have no idea why the hell it takes all that long :?

Does this happens to anybody else or is just me?

Regards,
Fernando

PS: Yes, I have the latest IQFeed client.
Yes, I have the latest MC version.

arnie

Postby arnie » 22 Nov 2009

I've been having problems with my PC lately.

Every day I noticed it was getting slower, IE was crashing several times a day, namely, all websites with strong java applications, CPU resourses were very high all the time (easily going to 100% everytime I opened a chart).

I was cleaning everyday the windows registry and temp files using CCleaner and defragmenting the disk using Smart Defrag.

Today I've tried one thing that never crossed my mind that could be the problem, my internet security software, namely, BitDefender Total Security 2010.

I uninstalled BitDefender and installed ESET Smart Security that, according to the "experts", is the lightweight of internet security systems.

I must say that my system looks like brand new :?

I've just requested that same 1 year of 1 minute ES data and it took less than 30 seconds to backfill :shock: and CPU didn't go above 75%, where previously would take at least 6 minutes do backfill and the CPU was always at 100%

I'm curious to see the performance once markets start to open.

So, to everyone that have problems with MC and datafeed connection, I advise you to check your security software because it can be the one that is generating some kind of blockage between the two.

Fernando

marekj

Postby marekj » 22 Nov 2009

Zone Alarm Extreme Security (I believe it uses Kaspersky anti-virus engine) with Zen-Fire and BarChart also works fine.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 22 Nov 2009

Arnie,

Can you post your computer specification for reference?

BTY, were you the one posted in traderconsortium?

Regardsss,

Sa

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 23 Nov 2009

75% CPU usage is still very high, mine never goes above 20% and usually sits at 5% or less during market hours.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 23 Nov 2009

75% CPU usage is still very high, mine never goes above 20% and usually sits at 5% or less during market hours.
can y tell us your computer spec? and what sort of security software do you use?

arnie

Postby arnie » 23 Nov 2009

Arnie,

Can you post your computer specification for reference?

BTY, were you the one posted in traderconsortium?

Regardsss,

Sa
Motherboard Asus P5GD2 Deluxe
PentiumIV 3Ghz
3Ghz ram
120Gb Seagate HD
X300 PCIe ATI Radeon graphic card
G550 PCI Matrox graphic card
2 TFT monitors 17"
2 TFT monitors 21.5"

Yes, I used to write in trader's consortium. Sometimes I see how things are going over there.

:shock:

Well, I can say that mine, today, with 17 charts (1 minute) and IB opened, has been working between 10 and 30%. What a difference :o

Today when I open my main workspace, all 17 charts opened almost immediately. I never saw Multicharts open charts that quickly. :o

I was thinking in buying a new computer, but for what I'm seeing now, this computer has reborned for life again :)

How could a simple security software neutralize my computer this way?

Fernando

TJ

Postby TJ » 23 Nov 2009

How could a simple security software neutralize my computer this way?

if you ask the security software to inspect everything...
the data feed can paralyze the CPU.

You can set the data-provider as a trusted source,
then the anti-virus will not check any of the incoming data feed.

Return to “MultiCharts”