How to use eSignal in Auto Trading?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ppan

How to use eSignal in Auto Trading?

Postby ppan » 15 Dec 2009

I use eSignal to plot a chart of an stock option. I want to trade the option using IB. The symbol of the option in eSignal and IB are not the same. How can I set up the Symbol Dictionary?

glen demarco

Postby glen demarco » 16 Dec 2009

Are you asking how to set up the eSignal Symbol Dictionary for eSignal Autotrading or MultiCharts?

In eSignal you need to intall the latest IB pluging and use the Symbol Dictionary which creates an entry in an XML file that equates the eSignal with the IB symbol.

ppan

Postby ppan » 16 Dec 2009

I'm using MC for auto trading. The real time data is come from eSignal. The broker is IB. The Options symbol of eSignal and IB are not the same. How to set up the auto trading?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 17 Dec 2009

Another option is to change: (After you have inserted a Strategy)
change symbols attributes under symbol directory: Select Format Strategies > Properties > AutoTrading > Settings(under Broker Plugin - last option) > Symbol directory

Here you can change "UnderLying", "Exchange", "Expiry" etc to exactly match with IB symbol attributes.

In attached example I have used TS Data for contineous contract symbol: @EC on CME exchange to trade on IB "EUR" Symbol on GLOBEX exchange.

Attachments
tj.jpg
(75.61 KiB) Downloaded 989 times

Return to “MultiCharts”