!from strategy to broker mp synchronizer

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
at

!from strategy to broker mp synchronizer

Postby at » 21 Dec 2009

Does anyone notice that there is a new built-in signal called "!from strategy to broker mp synchronizer" in powerlanguage editor. Any idea what can it do? Because I find the marketposition_at_broker function misfire often, it would be nice if this signal can somehow keep track of the actual position better.

pivot

Postby pivot » 21 Dec 2009

Yes, I looked at it and I think it has to do with the position tracker. But someone from MC is better positioned to answer on that.

You notice all the variables dealing with MP = MarketPosition.

PP :roll:

zukkaweb

Postby zukkaweb » 21 Jan 2010

up

geektrader

Postby geektrader » 24 Jan 2010

Would also like to know how to use this and implement into existing strategies since I often have the problem that the auto-trading messes up positions sometimes.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 25 Jan 2010

Could TS Support please clarify their view of "best practices" on this?

at

Postby at » 06 Feb 2010

For those who may be interested in this sginal, this is the explanation from tssupport :

"The signal just checks your chart and real market position and fixes it if it is wrong.

TimeOutMS – a time interval between market positions mismatch detection and sending of an order that should fix it.

LatencyMS – a time interval between corrective order is sent and start of market position monitoring."

Many thanks to Tsspport who kindly provides the above explanation. Word of caution - over-compensation is another issue in using this signal when the strategy's trade frequency is high.

Return to “MultiCharts”