Recommendation to Update Daily Data for HK Stock

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spaceant

Recommendation to Update Daily Data for HK Stock

Postby Spaceant » 13 Jan 2010

Hi,

I have been using Mulitcharts for more than half a year, which I spent all my time in intraday data / trading. I am using B as a data feed. Well, I have sent the following questions to TS suport which is obviously very busy. I hear no reply after waiting for weeks..... Could anyone help me?

Now I would like to keep a record of daily data say Hong Kong stock, ~ 1000 securities.

i) It appears to me that I can use IB or Yahoo for the database update. Am I right? Which one is more convenient?
ii) There are more than 1000 local securities in HK. How can I develop and update a database with that amount of securities easily.
iii) Is there any difficult to updatae a database with more than 100 securities at a time with IB as a data feed? Or should Yahoo be a better choice?
iv) Any links or document that I should read regarding the creation and updating this database?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Sa

TJ

Re: Recommendation to Update Daily Data for HK Stock

Postby TJ » 14 Jan 2010

iii) Is there any difficult to updatae a database with more than 100 securities at a time with IB as a data feed? Or should Yahoo be a better choice?
Sa

IB only allows you to have 100 symbols at a time,
unless you trade a lot, or pay more for data.
http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/p.php?f=marketData

If all you needed is EOD data,
yahoo is a good source.

I don't know how to manage 1000+ symbols,
I have never tried it.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 14 Jan 2010

TJ,

Thanks! I know that IB only let you 100 symbols, unless you trade a lot, unfortunately I know.

How to add symbol with Yahoo as a data source?.... And the most difficult part is how to add 1000 + symbols and have time updated daily.....

Has anyone experience similar to what I am looking for?

I know that there is a software called MLDownder which can download quotes from Yahoo Finance easily with different format. Should I use it? Anyone has trid that to update a number of securities to let MC read the data?

Sa

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 06 Feb 2010

Any trader updating more than 100~ securities EOD data, pls share your experience.

Sa

Return to “MultiCharts”