Optimizing keep parameters please

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Erik Pepping

Optimizing keep parameters please

Postby Erik Pepping » 14 Jan 2010

Everytime I optimize i have to set the settings for my input vars. Somtimes 4 or 5, according to a certain start , end and step values. Each time I compile the study I loose my settings, and sometimes a have different set of settings that I backtest. Could we please get a Save and load setting like in MT ?

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 14 Jan 2010

You have to double click on the parameter line that you like best, then it will transfer the values into your system. It doesn't automatically change them like TS2ki. (yet)

geektrader

Postby geektrader » 14 Jan 2010

He means something different: each time you optimize a strategy and then return at a later time to optimize again, the values for optimization are saved. However, IF you recompile the study in-between 2 optimizations, the second time all values previously used for optimization are lost and have to be re-entered.

+1 vote on such a function to save the values for optimization.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 14 Jan 2010

Hi Erik,

Just to share what I did when using optimization. After each optimization, you can save the settings by saving the (Portfolio Workspace) pws file. Therefoere, you will have the same settings when you re-open the pws again next time.

However, it is often that you will do some, minor or big, amendments on codes of the strategy subsequent to the optimization. After each re-compilation, the settings of the pws file will be lost!!

Sa

geektrader

Postby geektrader » 19 Jan 2010

Yes, and that is actually the problem. Regardless what you do, after re-compiling the signal, even if the amount / names of inputs haven´t changed, the settings for optimization will be reseted. That should really be made more comfortable.

Return to “MultiCharts”