Chart Issue?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SUPER

Chart Issue?

Postby SUPER » 18 Jan 2010

I have stumbled across strange chart behaviour and I have been able to replicate/reproduce it by doing following.

1) Create 1 minute chart for DAX futures contract
2) Create 1 minute chart for ES futures contract
3) Change symbol in Dax Chart symbol to ES and you will get correct historical values on redrawn chart, however on arrival of new tick the chart starts displaying Dax futures contract figures.

Please can someone also try and see if they are able to replicate it too.
Attachments
C-1.jpg
(209.86 KiB) Downloaded 553 times

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 18 Jan 2010

Hi Super,

What happens to your database? I guess it saves it this way when you close down MC.

Actually your ES numbers are not correct. Here is my ES.

John.
Attachments
20100118_123315_ES_01_.PNG
(30.24 KiB) Downloaded 542 times

Andrew Kirillov

Re: Chart Issue?

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 18 Jan 2010

I have stumbled across strange chart behaviour and I have been able to replicate/reproduce it by doing following.

1) Create 1 minute chart for DAX futures contract
2) Create 1 minute chart for ES futures contract
3) Change symbol in Dax Chart symbol to ES and you will get correct historical values on redrawn chart, however on arrival of new tick the chart starts displaying Dax futures contract figures.

Please can someone also try and see if they are able to replicate it too.
Please attach you workspace. I guess your indicated wrong settings for the merging feature and it merges DAX and ES in the same chart!

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 18 Jan 2010

Andrew & John,

Many thanks for your prompt feedback. I understand from TSSupport that I should uncheck "Merge Data Source Into Single chart" in symbol setting, which seems to resolve the problem I was experiencing. It was my impression that since I was plotting only one symbol and merely replacing it with another one, issue of data merger does not come into play.

I am learning something new each day.
Attachments
c-2.jpg
(60.08 KiB) Downloaded 548 times

piranhaxp

Postby piranhaxp » 18 Jan 2010

SUPER, this happens if you are changing symbols in the same chart only. I have/had the same issue since version 4. I posted it here earlier, but got no answer since today. If you close the chart and reopen it again, everything is fine. Seems like an issue with a cache or something like that.

Kind regards.

Mike

Return to “MultiCharts”