Candle Stick Color (MC 6.0 Beta Versus previous versions)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spaceant

Candle Stick Color (MC 6.0 Beta Versus previous versions)

Postby Spaceant » 17 Feb 2010

Hi,

Having used a few MC versions with candle stock chart colors - green for up and red for down.

Well, I installed MC 6.0 Beta 2 just for a week and notice that the color are just opposite to the above, that is really annoying as the charts' coloring are just opposite to what I am familiar with. Here are two questions:

1) TSSupport: Is it an intended change for Beta 6.0 for candle stick colors?

2) Can we change the default colors of candle stick?

3) I just really want to ask whether there are standard colors for up and down candles that others are using......

Sa

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 17 Feb 2010

Yes, simple to change, just "format" "instrument" select "Style" and "Candlestick", the color choice is below, set them the way you like and select "default" so you don't have to change them ever again.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 18 Feb 2010

Thanks, but that only applies to new charts to be opened.

When I open workspaces saved by MC5.5 in which charts were saved as candle stock format, only bar charts are displaced. After choosen candle stock format, only MC 6.0 Beta format are displayed (not my setting)..... myt setting doesn't seem overridding the MC 6.0 Beta format (up with red and down with green).

Anyone can help?

.. perhaps the TSSupport

Sa

virginiatrader

Postby virginiatrader » 20 Feb 2010

To all:

I can confirm this. I also format my candles in the "green up, red down" style. After installing MC6 b2, and opening previously saved charts created by MC 5.5 (Build2723) and earlier versions, I found that both the original charts opened in the bar chart style, and that changing to candles reversed the up/down convention.

I have reverted to MC 5.5 while waiting for a resolution.

Regards,

virginiatrader

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 20 Feb 2010

To all:

I can confirm this. I also format my candles in the "green up, red down" style. After installing MC6 b2, and opening previously saved charts created by MC 5.5 (Build2723) and earlier versions, I found that both the original charts opened in the bar chart style, and that changing to candles reversed the up/down convention.

I have reverted to MC 5.5 while waiting for a resolution.

Regards,

virginiatrader
TSSupport has confirmed this is a bug and will be fixed.

Sa

Return to “MultiCharts”