Time-Scale Scrolling

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MC_Prog

Time-Scale Scrolling

Postby MC_Prog » 23 Feb 2010

I think the addition of time-scale scrolling would be a helpful convenience/efficiency feature to add when possible.

Currently, time-scale compression/expansion is via these arrow icons:

which is fine as far as it goes. It would be great to get the mouse-wheel into the act :) .

I suggest that when the Ctrl button is held down, the mouse wheel have the same effect as the arrow icons.

Also, if the end of the horizontal scroll bar could be grabbed and dragged, that's a good interface for time-scale compression/expansion too.

It's understood that these are fine touches for luxury driving ...
Attachments
MC_TimeArrows.jpg
MC TimeScale Arrows
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 781 times

ctrlbrk

Postby ctrlbrk » 23 Feb 2010

I'm new to MC so could be very wrong here, but it seems to me MC6 beta 2 already allows you to drag the x-axis (time), and drag back and forth to compress the bars horizontally (more/less bars on screen).

Mike

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 24 Feb 2010

It's true - it does this already. It's better to grab & drag the X axis than the scroll bar, because dragging the scroll bar performs the obvious scrolling operation, so there's less confusion. This option simply needs to be documented, if it isn't already.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 27 Feb 2010

Thanks for pointing out the scale-drag, which I had overlooked, but the mouse-wheel action is the heart and soul of what I'm suggesting here.

As-it-is, the mouse wheel alone moves the bars. If ctrl-mouse-wheel would zoom the chart, it would be great. This is the most convenient way to zoom, in my experience.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 27 Feb 2010

Seems like a reasonable suggestion to me.

geizer

Postby geizer » 27 Feb 2010

I suggest that when the Ctrl button is held down, the mouse wheel have the same effect as the arrow icons.
Very much needed feature.

Return to “MultiCharts”