Found this: Adaptrade Builder

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
geektrader

Found this: Adaptrade Builder

Postby geektrader » 04 Apr 2010

Hello,

since I got this email a few days ago with this interesting Strategy Builder for Easylanguage and haven´t anyone seen discussing it here yet, I thought it might be interesting to most of us Multicharts users as well. Have a look at: http://www.adaptrade.com/Builder-main.htm

Here is what it is:
Adaptrade Builder is a powerful software tool that automatically generates trading strategies for TS based on user-specified performance criteria. No knowledge of TS’s EasyLanguage scripting language is required, no programming is necessary, and it is not necessary to have in-depth knowledge of technical trading indicators or strategy building techniques.

Builder can generate strategies for almost any market or time frame, from 1 min to monthly bars, for stocks, futures, forex, ETFs, and other markets. There is no limit to the number of strategies you can build or how often you can build them. If a strategy starts to underperform, simply build a new one to take its place. If you want to diversify by adding a new market to your trading, you can use Builder to find a strategy to trade it. Creating trading strategies for TS has never been so easy.
Would love to hear if anyone uses it already how good the strategies are it generates.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 05 Apr 2010

Wow, that's a tenth the cost of Mike Barna's.
http://www.tradingsystemlab.com/howtoorder.aspx

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Apr 2010

you can get the same service here... for free!

;-)

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 05 Apr 2010

It's not exactly the same approach, but if you're interested in this sort of thing you may also want to consider Computer Assisted Strategy Builder by Grail Systems ( http://www.thegrailsystem.com/grail-tra ... -frame.htm ) - it does automated exploration as well and is well under that price point and is fully compatible with MultiCharts (in fact, MultiCharts is recommended!). There's a free demo available - if you're interested in this you're welcome to contact them directly via their website or contact me outside of the forum for more information.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 06 Apr 2010

There is another program under development offering system building capabilities more details at:

www.quantumcharts.com

*** Grail is an excellent product and it stands out from the competition as it allows use of custom/propritery studies in stratergy building.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 06 Apr 2010

Quantum Charts doesn't look like it does EL.

You know what I would be interested in? EL to Ninjascript conversion. That would be cool.

I remember a couple of years ago, a guy by the name of Joel Reymont (I can't remember how to spell his last name - he lives in South Africa) tried to develop an online program and he almost had it, but it never was finished and then finally discarded. A lot of people (including me) were disappointed.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 06 Apr 2010

I think the advantage to working with a product that interfaces with EasyLanguage (like the Grail products do, and like it looks like maybe Adaptrade does) is that you can tie in your own custom functions and analysis you've been working on already, and make an adaptive process and a stronger testing process e.g. multiple walk forward, cluster analysis, around that. It's a way to build on what you have already and the resources at your disposal through the very active TS and MultiCharts communities, rather than starting from ground zero. We've done a lot of consulting in/around the Grail process over the past few years - it's a very reasonable way (although certainly not the only way) to do a certain class of things, including build on the optimization capabilities in the TS and MC platforms, doing portfolio sizing optimization, doing multiple walk forward in a structured and statistical way with resampling for high speed operation, automated discovery/exploration with computer assisted strategy builder, and cluster analysis to determine best in sample sizes and reoptimization intervals. One thing it has going for it is that it's an organized, almost "all in one" solution to a broad category of problems, whereas most other 3rd party optimizers etc. have a solution for one or two things instead of a whole slate of things all at once. We sometimes like to use the Grail process in consulting work as an example for how one solution to this class of problems works in detail, in the context of working with clients to find the best specific solution to the problems they face. Because the Grail has a detailed methodology and software solution we can put to work immediately as an example of how to do certain things, it tends to be a good context in which to have that discussion in that it's concrete, works out of the box, and is something we can use to demonstrate immediately how a variety of optimization related problems can be solved during the bigger discussion of how those solutions fit into an ongoing system trading business process.

tcat

Postby tcat » 07 Apr 2010

Adaptrade Builder does not yet provide the ability to input one's own indicator in the optimization process. The functionnality might be developped in the future if enough people make the requests, according to the developper.

Regarding the grailsystem, the developper has identified some disturbing issues on MC 5.5 Gold and is now recommending the usage of TS instead. If interested, check the last entry at:
www.thegrailsystem.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.0

As MC 6 "Gold" should soon be released, it might be worth for tssupport to investigate those issues as a top priority.

Thierry

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 07 Apr 2010

I agree the issues with MultiCharts should be looked into as soon as they can be. They're not problems with the Grail products per se because the same EasyLanguage works on TS - they're MultiCharts-specific issues. In some cases (such as with FastFileAppend) it may be specific to the fact that the DLL is being used simultaneously from multiple threads, thus introducing issues that wouldn't be exposed on TS when it's single threaded in execution. And they don't just affect Grail users - they're issues of general concern for the MultiCharts community. The reason they're being identified there is simply that Grail users tend to be highly technically capable, and are flexing the power of the MultiCharts platform in ways that the average user is probably not, so they're catching problems that aren't yet widely known - which in effect, is doing the broader MultiCharts community a significant service in pointing these issues out.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 07 Apr 2010

There is another program under development offering system building capabilities more details at:

www.quantumcharts.com
Startegy wizard for non-programmers. A simple drag and drop. Looks nice and easy :)

moneymaker

Chaoshunter

Postby moneymaker » 08 Apr 2010

Also a very fast strategybuilder

http://www.chaoshunter.com

geektrader

Postby geektrader » 08 Apr 2010

Chaoshunter looks interesting, didn´t know this one yet! If anyone else knows some products like this, let the links flow :)

moneymaker

Postby moneymaker » 11 Apr 2010

Chaoshunter is really a great tool and it works perfect with Neuroshell Trader and with some restrictions with Multicharts or TS. I'm owner of this product [edited].

To have an idea how CH works - just load a chartwith your favourite indicators and export them to an ascii file. Load that file to CH, use in the online help the suggestions of "How Steve Ward Configures ChaosHunter for Trading Models".

Negative is that when CH found a solution it tries to get a better result. When you have a negative OOS-period CH it works with the bad data to get a better result.

As far as I know you can ask Ward for a trial. They had the best support I have get (only TS Support can stick with it :).

**** Answer of Adaptrade developer Mike Bryant
If I understand Chaos Hunter, it's designed primarily to create formulas,
which you can use as entry conditions for trading, such as "If formulaxyz >
0.5, then buy next bar at open". Builder is designed using similar
underlying techniques but with the goal of creating the complete trading
strategy. For example, Builder not only generates a "formula" for the entry
conditions (one for longs; one for shorts -- unless you elect to make longs
and shorts symmetric), but it includes five different types of entry orders
and six different types of exit orders. Entry conditions, entry orders, and
exit orders are all evolved together to generate your strategy. Builder also
keeps track of the parameters used in the formulas and rules and adds an
input to the EasyLanguage code for each one. You also have quite a bit of
flexibility in how you specify the fitness metric in terms of different
measures of performance.

In terms of OOS performance, Builder is designed to build a strategy over
whatever data you give it. The intent is that after it builds the strategy,
you would copy the code to TS and do your out-of-sample testing
there. At the same time, there are several components of the fitness
function that can be used to guide the process towards solutions that will
have a higher likelihood of good OOS performance, including correlation
coefficient of the equity curve, statistical significance, number of trades,
and strategy complexity.

Future versions of Builder will include additional enhancements for
computation speed.

The license for Builder is "per user", not "per machine", so you're free to
install on however many machines you want, provided it's for your own use
only.

I don't have any definite upgrade pricing at this point, but minor upgrades
(e.g., 1.x 1.y) will be free.

Thanks for your interest in Builder. Please let me know if you have any
other questions.
'***** END

I will buy Adaptrade builldr too - I mean look for best tools [edited].

TradingPro

Postby TradingPro » 15 Apr 2010

- which in effect, is doing the broader MultiCharts community a significant service in pointing these issues out.
You're welcome! :D

andrei

Re:

Postby andrei » 24 Jan 2013

http://www.quantumcharts.com

*** Grail is an excellent product and it stands out from the competition as it allows use of custom/propritery studies in stratergy building.

it seems quantum charts is dead under water. site wasn't updated in last 2 years.

SUPER

Re: Re:

Postby SUPER » 28 Jan 2013

http://www.quantumcharts.com

it seems quantum charts is dead under water. site wasn't updated in last 2 years.

I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion, I just had a live chat with one of the operators and they are in process of releasing a Live version.

** I have no association with Qantum Charts. I have Grail and have been happy with it....unfortunately I am not able to use it on MC.

eto

Re: Found this: Adaptrade Builder

Postby eto » 26 Mar 2013

just got email from The trading system lab is 3 years license and cost you USD$60k ..

Wowww .. too expensive and there is no guarantee of profitable

Return to “MultiCharts”