Turning off double click on Windows drag bar.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Turning off double click on Windows drag bar.

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 Apr 2010

I don't suppose anyone knows how to turn off that annoying double click action on the (heavy blue - windows drag area)that exists at the top of most (if not all) windows programs. I am referring to the area where the minimize, maximize and X for close buttons are.

I often want to simply highlight a different program and forget not to click that area or I have too many buttons and that is litterly the only area I can click. If one does not click it just right it will expand the prgoram. I don't think I have ever wanted this to happen since I touched a computer.

Using it to move a program is something that I would not want to shut off.

Thanks,
John.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 28 Apr 2010

It's interesting you posted this, because that's actually how I always maximize or restore windows rather than using the button left of the X (reason: the blue caption area much bigger, therefore, I can do it more quickly without carefully positioning the mouse, and every second counts!). Just goes to show you there that when there are a number of ways to do things, different folks train themselves to do it different ways.

There may be a registry setting to disable this, but if so, it's likely in Windows, rather than in MultiCharts specifically.

It is possible for programmers writing Windows applications to stop this from happening, but they would have to explicitly stop it, and it would be unexpected since this is Windows standard behavior.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 28 Apr 2010

Hi Bruce,

My program I use to control things is tucked in the corner and has many dozens of buttons, control tip text boxes, etc. Many buttons are 1/2 the size of the minimize/maximize button in windows. Clicking them fast and accurately is no problem. However finding a place to simply highlight that program is a problem (or at least remembering to use a protected area in that small space is) so that upper blue area is the target for that.

I might be able to find a specialized site that has the info. I suspect there probably is a way to do it.

Thanks,
John.

Return to “MultiCharts”