Be careful autotrading -- ZenFire requires new update

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
flipflopper

Be careful autotrading -- ZenFire requires new update

Postby flipflopper » 12 May 2010

Yesterday morning I turned on and off my strategies several times. Then one of my strategies picked up a trade. Then MC and my broker AMP through zenfire stopped receiving orders. Status rejected.

I contacted multicharts and they took my logs and confirmed a bug. I then turned back on multicharts and it continued trading fine. Later on in the day it began to receive heartbeat timeout errors.

At this point my position tracker said I had 4 contracts long. When I called my broker on the close he told me I had one short.

This morning everything has been working flawlessly.

Sorry to multicharts for all the flaming. I had just reached my breaking point with frustration yesterday. I will continue to use the product because it has the most potential and will one day be rock solid. But I will no longer post issues/observations on the message board.

best of luck to all.
Last edited by flipflopper on 13 May 2010, edited 4 times in total.

brendanh

Re: DO NOT AUTO TRADE WITH MULICHARTS IT IS A PIECE OF GARBA

Postby brendanh » 12 May 2010

Nobody will take you seriously if you flame a forum. Autotrading is not an elementary pursuit.
I think I'm making over 1K I find out I made 500?!?! WTF?!?
Check your symbol point value.
* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO YOUR BROKER.
I monitor the autotrading log file ATOrderController_Trace.txt. It changes constantly while AT is enabled. I suggest you learn how to use a Windows automation utility such as AutoIT, AutoHotkey, MacroExpress, etc.
* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOUR BROKER IS GETTING YOUR ORDERS

By a combination of monitoring the Tracker window and your broker's software, how can you not know if your broker is receiving your orders? There is a confirmed bug with the Exit from Entry order command, remove this if your signal file uses it until it is fixed.
* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU ARE LONG OR SHORT
* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MANY CONTRACTS YOU ARE LONG OR SHORT
Again, Tracker window.

I know how frustrating it is to lose money due to software problems, I've lost thousands over the years, but please consider sanitising the language in your post or this thread will be removed and your complaint won't be heard.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 12 May 2010

* Position Tracker Said I had a position on when I didn't.

So there goes all the position tracker theories.

* MC was saying my orders were being rejected. That is because they stopped sending my orders to broker for some reason.

Tresor

Re: DO NOT AUTO TRADE WITH MULICHARTS IT IS A PIECE OF GARBA

Postby Tresor » 12 May 2010

* YOU WILL BE ...
Flipflopper,

Life is hard when you are ... :lol:

Avoid cell phones, drive thrus and hospitals: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1tXS-Nq ... r_embedded

geizer

Postby geizer » 13 May 2010

I don't blame flipflopper,

Sometimes being nice doesn't help. Unfortunately. If something doesn't work as expected it's a problem and the message needs to be delivered. Regardless. If TS Support become ignorant of the problem and pretend it doesn't exist, it's not going to go away. It will backfire.

Sometimes being emotional helps to get things moving. Acknowledging bugs/deficiencies is a good thing. TS Support needs to get over it and start looking at bugs/problems/deficiencies from the different angle. Acknowledging the problem is a half way to have the problem being sold. Acknowledging the problem tells that the company is serious about the business. There is nothing wrong with making bug or not making certain features. But denying the obvious things isn't a good thing.

Every so often I am under the impression that TS Support rejects the facts and TSS being stubborn to look at the problems that people report. Unfortunately.

Once again I understand flipflopper. His has money at stake. And he has right to expect precise trading information, on time, all the time. With no exception.

Just 2 cents

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 13 May 2010

Flipflopper you are rude and non-constructive. The next time such unfounded statements will be deleted, just because it is not true. The screenshot doesn’t show anything except that the customer lost connection for minutes. You should blame your setup, not MultiCharts. The orders could be rejected, because there is not @ES# symbol Zen-fire and you don’t provide any evidences of Symbol Dictionary configuration.
MultiCharts is robust in auto-trading and it is proved by hundreds of customers who use it every day. However nothing will help you if you misuse it.
Last edited by Andrew Kirillov on 13 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Kirillov

Now I will make some comments for people want to understand what is going on.
* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU ARE CONNECTED TO YOUR BROKER.
It is not true, because you can see it from messages that popup or in the tracker. If you want to have a function that returns true or false it will not change anything if you don’t supervise your auto-trading. You code will know that your connection is broken, but you will not be able to change it since there are no means to affect your broker market position.
So this argument doesn’t make sense.

* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOUR BROKER IS GETTING YOUR ORDERS

It is not true again you can see it in popup windows or in the tracker.

* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU ARE LONG OR SHORT
It is not true again you can see it in popup windows, in the tracker or MarketPosition_at_Broker.

* YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MANY CONTRACTS YOU ARE LONG OR SHORT
It is not true again you can see it in popup windows, in the tracker or MarketPosition_at_Broker.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 13 May 2010

I was trying to be constructive in an aggressive way. All software has bugs anyone int he business knows that. I just wanted these issues resolved asap.
Last edited by flipflopper on 13 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 13 May 2010

Last edited by flipflopper on 13 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Kirillov

Flipflopper (aka as AG),
The yesterday issue on helpdesk was irrelevant to what you described today. It was a crash that occurred on beta which has been quickly fixed by our team. You said it is “beyond beta”. You misinform people.
The problem is that you don’t try to understand nature of a problem It was the case with Grail system and it is the same now. Ask Wouter @ Grail system and he will explain to you that there were no relationship between MC accuracy and the problem reported.
If you don’t want to understand what actually happens we don’t want to serve you. If you truly believe that MultiCharts is garbage we are ready to refund you at your first request.

janus

Postby janus » 13 May 2010

Tempers appear to be escalating here. I'm not surprised as I believe it's partly related to the market action, which looks scary. Anyway, the point I like to make is there is no such thing as a perfectly bug free application. Those who made a living out of programming know this is a fact only too well. The reasons are many and varied but this is not the right forum to explain them. Suffice to say I believe TSS are doing their very best to fix as many of them as possible given their limited resources. If I had the time, and perhaps one day I will, I would like to assist in their problem resolutions in any way I can for free.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 13 May 2010

Hi :D

I agree with Janus, TSSupport is doing their best for the improvment of MC

I specially appreciate their quality product MC and their help. They always try to give the best answer possible with the quality product : MC

Keep the good work :D

Emmanuel

drudominique

Postby drudominique » 13 May 2010

Good morning.
do not say anything I'm TS user for years and I look forward to multichart Dom is a (matrix) and allow a trader directly from the matrix WHY? simply because multichart is now better than TS, faster, more flexible, stronger etc. .. and I'm not the only increasingly user TS has multichart and I know many like me are waiting eagerly the matrix and the shift from direct order from the matrix, is an excellent platform multichart but above its potential is enormous.

cordially

french

bonjour .
il ne faut pas dire n'importe quoi je suis utilisateur de TS depuis des années et j'attends avec impatience que multichart est un dom ( matrix ) et permettent de trader directement depuis la matrix POURQUOI ? tout simplement parce que multichart est maintenant mieux que TS , plus rapide,plus souple,plus solide etc..et je suis pas le seul de plus en plus d'utilisateur de TS possède multichart et je sais que beaucoup sont comme moi attendent avec impatience la matrix et le passage d'ordre direct depuis cette matrix , multichart est une formidable plateforme mais surtout son potentiel est énorme .

cordialement

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 14 May 2010

Hello flipflopper,

The crash while trading through ZenFire occured after Order Position Tracker was added to MultiCharts 6.0 Beta 1.
There was no such a problem in 5.5.
It is better to use Beta 3 since ZenFire API has been updated and plus some other bugs eliminated.
If you have MC 6.0 Beta1 or Beta2, or any version lower then 6.0, we recommend you update ZenFire using the attached updater.

Thank you
Attachments
ZF_MC.part1.rar
(1.39 MiB) Downloaded 186 times
ZF_MC.part2.rar
(640.05 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

Nick

Postby Nick » 14 May 2010

Hi Anastassia there are still a couple of isues with Zen. Firstly there API should re-connect I believe but it does not! MC could do with handling the re-connection (or pressure Zen to fix it :)) There are also zero ticks still (reported in the stickied beta thread)
Last edited by Nick on 14 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.

flipflopper

Postby flipflopper » 14 May 2010

Thank you for responding and acknowledging Anastasia. I updated to the latest beta and it works perfectly.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 17 May 2010

Hi All,

Flipflopper,
Thank you for responding and acknowledging Anastasia. I updated to the latest beta and it works perfectly.
You are welcome!

Nick,
...Firstly there API should re-connect I believe but it does not! MC could do with handling the re-connection (or pressure Zen to fix it )
Re-connect should work. If it doesn't in your case, please send us the logs so programmers can check it.

There are also zero ticks still
We have checked FDAX symbol and found that zero ticks are filtered out on history. Please visit our help desk so we can check what the problem is.

Thank you

Return to “MultiCharts”