PowerLanguage Editor Problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Gann_Man

PowerLanguage Editor Problem

Postby Gann_Man » 16 May 2010

All of my Indicators and Signals have vanished. I had several hundred Indicators & Signals. One day they are all there and the next day they are all gone.
When I choose File--->Open it only shows:
Function 432
Indicator 0
Signal 0

What are the names of the files where the Functions, Indicators and Signals are stored so I can see if they somehow got deleted? If they are not deleted can they maybe somehow be restored? Looks like all of my custom Functions have vanished as well. What could have caused this to happen?

Henrik

Postby Henrik » 16 May 2010

No backup??? :shock:

You will find Strategies/Indikators/Functions in

C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts\StudyServer\Studies\SrcEl
(windows 7 64 bit)

(ProgramData is a hidden folder).
I copy every week the complete folder C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts\ to a backup-drive. In this folders you find database (historical datas etc) and the codes.

Gann_Man

Postby Gann_Man » 17 May 2010

Henrik, thank you very much for this information!

I did find ALL of my functions, indicators and strategies in the proper Dlls, SrcCpp and SrcEl folders.

If I choose "Format Studies" in a chart window they are all listed but have a "Status" of "Unverified".
Of course with an unverified status they will not calculate or plot. However, in the PowerLanguage Editor
they are not listed at all. Therefore, when I choose "Compile All..." nothing happens.

This happened in V6.0 Beta 2. I tried doing a MultiCharts software "Repair" which did not fix my problem,
so I completely uninstalled Beta 2 and installed Beta 3. This has not fixed my problem either.

I do have hard copy of all of my code to recreate each one back in the PL Editor, but there must be an
easier way. It would be nice to be able to "Import" an .elf file in the PL Editor (I have all the .elf files).

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem? I know I should do an "Export Studies" backup more often.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 17 May 2010

Dear Gann_Man,

I have discussed the problem with our engineers once again. They ask you to come to our Live Chat so we can connect to your computer and analyze the problem.

Gann_Man

Dear Gann_Man,

I have discussed the problem with our engineers once again. They ask you to come to our Live Chat so we can connect to your computer and analyze the problem.
Sorry, I do not wish to connect my computer. Any suggestions for me to try so I can fix this problem myself?

Dave Masalov

Dear Gann_Man,

Please try to do Multicharts repair in Windows Control Panel -- Add/remove program.

Gann_Man

Dear Gann_Man,

Please try to do Multicharts repair in Windows Control Panel -- Add/remove program.
I just tried this again as you suggested but it did not fix the problem.
The first time I tried this was yesterday and I received the following error:
An error occurred during the installation of assembly'policy.8.0.Microsoft.VC80.ATL,publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32-policy",version="8.0.50727.762",processorArchitecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

After receiving this same error after 3 attempts is when I completely uninstalled Beta 2 and installed Beta 3. After installing Beta 3, I have not received this error message again. However, it still does not fix my problem.
Attachments
MultiCharts - Setup Wizard error.png
(26.3 KiB) Downloaded 713 times

Dave Masalov

Dear Gann_Man,

Could you please send us your log files so we can investigate the problem?

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".

You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder. Please send this zip–folder to dmasalov@multicharts.com.

If the zip-folder is too large to send it by e-mail, please send us all log files using http://rapidshare.com/.

You can also send the files via our Live Chat.

Gann_Man

Dear Gann_Man,

Could you please send us your log files so we can investigate the problem?

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".

You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder. Please send this zip–folder to dmasalov@multicharts.com.

If the zip-folder is too large to send it by e-mail, please send us all log files using http://rapidshare.com/.

You can also send the files via our Live Chat.
Zipped log files has been sent via email as requested.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 18 May 2010

Dear Gann_Man,

Thank you for your log files. Our engineers will analize them and I will get back to you via e-mail as soon as possible.

Return to “MultiCharts”