Feature Request: Show Weekends

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Gann_Man

Feature Request: Show Weekends

Postby Gann_Man » 23 May 2010

Feature Request: Show WeekENDS

Format Window:
"Show Weekends" (please add as a selection)

"Show Empty Periods" only shows empty periods for weekDAYS

Thank you.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 24 May 2010

Hi Gann_Man,
Format Window:
"Show Weekends" (please add as a selection)
Could you please let me know the purpose of showing "weekends"?

Thank you in advance

geizer

Postby geizer » 25 May 2010

I can see "Show weekends" can be a quite useful visual reference when analyzing daily charts.

People have a tendency to anchor recent events to certain days of week. It helps to remember circumstances, sequence of events and all associated details related to that particular event. For example we often say: "Last Friday...", "Two weeks ago", "on Monday..." , "Black Thursday of 1929 (US) ...", "Black Tuesday of 1998 (RU) ...", "Recent Thursday's Wall Street Plunge...", etc. There is enough historical evidence of events anchored to certain days by people in support of the idea of showing weekdays in MultiCharts. and the following are just a few:
Black Tuesdays: http://tinyurl.com/32gzd5f
and Black Thursdays: http://tinyurl.com/2783983.
There is this one as well: http://tinyurl.com/lvg7o

People work/live by the calendar. Showing weekends will make analyzing daily charts so much easier by just looking at them. Basically this will eliminate the need to drill into the dates and calendars by making MultiCharts software to display charts in a way similar to how human mind usually processes calendar information. I can see significant reduction in time required to do daily chart analysis.

Also I would like to add to Gann-Man's suggestion:

A toolbar icon to Show/Hide empty periods (weekends and holidays ).
Alternatively a keyboard shortcut can be used.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 25 May 2010

Hello Guys,

Thank you for your request. Due to a number of other improvements that are being engineered for MultiCharts at the moment, this will not likely be implemented any time soon, nor can we guarantee that it will be incorporated at all. However, we will add this to our list of possible future software improvements that were requested by our users.

Thank you

Henrik

Postby Henrik » 26 May 2010

Gann-Man,
here is a simple solution:
write a simple indicator who draw a vertical thick line every friday 10 PM (or your local time on friday) - or somethink like vertical thick line on first bar on sunday/monday

Return to “MultiCharts”