issue with UpTicks/DownTicks for minute charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
vking

issue with UpTicks/DownTicks for minute charts

Postby vking » 02 Jun 2010

Hello,

I am trying to plot UpTicks/DownTicks and apparently in multicharts - works with tick charts correctly but not with minute based charts. I tried the same in TS and it works fine as expected. Would you please see what could be wrong here?

Code:
-------
plot1(Upticks,"UT");
plot2(DownTicks,"DT");
-------

TS:
----------------
- Works fine for both Tick charts as well as well Minute charts

Multicharts:
-------------
- With esignal datafeed - Works fine with Tick charts but doesn't work with minute charts
- With TS datafeed into multicharts - works fine with Tick charts as well as minute charts

Thanks in advance.

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Jun 2010

what is your setting under:

Format Instrument > Settings > Chart Settings: Build Volume On:

vking

TJ - I have it set on build volume on "Trade Volume" for all the cases ( this is what is needed for my case).

Thanks.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 02 Jun 2010

Hi vking,

It just might be your data provider. I use eSignal and I have the same problem. It sucks. I don't know if it is MC or the data provider.

Check out this thread:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7389

The limitation can be overcome. The info is in there.

It might be nice to know from TSS what data providers gives minute resolution up and down volume and can be charted by MC or are we just stuck with the status-quo.

Additionally, other volume related issues that, in my opinion, are important to address:
  • 1) using intrabarpersist to gather volume info (fixed in 6 rel someday???)
    ( the most eloquent solution would be a built-in reserved word from MC to gather bid ask info on an intrabarpersist basis. )
    2) range bar volume info (fixed in 6 rel someday??)
    3) minute bar volume info
I have beat this horse to death over the years and am not holding my breath for an answer. Until then, I (reluctantly) use other software for volume analysis (Gomi = awesomeness) and just worry about trading.

vking

RobotMan - Thanks a lot for the reply.

So - looks like I am not the only person experiencing the issue here with other datafeeds. Interestingly - upVol/DownVol works fine with minute charts in multicharts when the datasource is TS but doesn't work with esignal/zen-fire. Very odd.

I wanted to move completely to multicharts from TS but lack of this feature ( Still don't know whether the issue is with datafeed or multicharts platform) is preventing me from doing so.

TS Support team - Would it be possible to publish the datafeeds that works fine with multicharts - which provide upVol/DnVol for minute charts?

Thanks.

vking

Postby vking » 03 Jun 2010

Support team - Any Comments on this?

Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”