Multicharts 6.0 Beta 4 feedback

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Jun 2010

If you tried the beta 4 and have an experience to share (good, bad or ugly),
please post them here.

note from Stanley Miller:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=6946
Dear MultiCharts Users,

Multicharts 6.0 Beta is now available. We are starting beta-testing of a new version of MultiCharts that will include an extensive list of new features and enhancements, please the complete list below.

This version is stable enough to use it for everyday work, however, some bugs might appear as happens in any beta version.

Customers willing to participate in beta-testing are welcome to install this beta version, use its new functionality and inform us about all found problems in this thread. As soon as we fix all the problems found during beta-testing, the release of the new version will be announced.

phil

A bug I think

Postby phil » 29 Jun 2010

I think I found a buf the inputs.

When you use as a inputs a decimal number like 5.2 it's give strange behavior. And when you use the same thing with a function it's give error.

phil

SP

Postby SP » 29 Jun 2010

I plot some 1 hour charts with custom futures (data range only 30 days back), but there still the yellow alerts popping up: "Please ad H contract for EUR root for 2009".

geizer

Postby geizer » 29 Jun 2010

Thank you for releasing the MultiCharts 6 beta 4. The list of features and fixes is encouraging. This is a very good news for all.

Please add the following missing USA holidays into the QuoteManager (also missing in beta 3):

Code: Select all

List of missing USA holidays:

New Year January 1, 2000
New Year January 1, 2005
Presidents Day February 20, 2006
Presidents Day February 19, 2007
Presidents Day February 18, 2008
Presidents Day February 16, 2009
Presidents Day February 15, 2010
Also one suggestion:[/u] Please consider changing the default sorting order of the holiday list from ascending to descending. It's easier when the most recent holidays are shown at the top - no need to scroll down / click to see the current year holidays.

Thank you,
--
Pavel
Last edited by geizer on 01 Jul 2010, edited 2 times in total.

geizer

Postby geizer » 29 Jun 2010

Not sure if the issue was missed or still on to do list ...

Link colors are still not displayed in beta 4 on Windows 7 (x86).
Reported earlier here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=10

P.S. Another minor problem and it appears to have same origins:

None of the side icons in menus are visible (affected: MultiCharts, QuoteManager, 3D Optimization Charts, and Portfolio Backtester).

However, side icons in menu are displayed in Power Language Editor.
The OS is 32bit Windows 7 (X86)
--
Pavel

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 30 Jun 2010

Hi Guys,
    I think I found a buf the inputs. When you use as a inputs a decimal number like 5.2 it's give strange behavior. And when you use the same thing with a function it's give error.
    Phil, we are not able to reproduce the issue on our end. Can you please tell me what is your OS and language settings (Start -> Settings -> Control Pannel -> Languages and Regional Settings). Also, provide us with the screenshots of what exactly you are doing and the screenshot of the error message.
    Thank you in advance
    I plot some 1 hour charts with custom futures (data range only 30 days back), but there still the yellow alerts popping up: "Please ad H contract for EUR root for 2009".
    SP, When plotting CF the expiration date is calculated for:
    - current futures,
    - two preceding contracts (in the past)
    - one following contract (in the future)
    This is needed for the correct identification of rollover and data request intervals for specific futures that are not involved in rollover. Moreover, the data request for previous contracts may not be done. Algorithm applies them only to find out the expiration dates.
    -------
    Most likely, you are missing futures in the base prior to M0 (M2010). Please add H2010 and Z2009 and yellow alerts will be gone (this is for quarterly contracts).
    If one of the needed contracts is missing from the base, yellow alert window appears. With this alert, short-term series of Custom Futures can be plotted correctly.
    Thank you
    Please add the following USA holidays into the QuoteManager (also missing in beta 3)
    Geizer, We will consider for the future to add those holidays. For now, you can manually add the ones that you need (Tools -> Holidays -> Add)
    Also one suggestion to make holidays more user-friendly: Please consider changing the default sorting order of the holiday list from ascending to descending.
    We will try to change the default sorting order of the holiday list from ascending to descending by the official release of 6.0.
    Link colors are still not displayed in beta 4 on Windows 7 (x86).
    Reported earlier here: http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=10
    None of the side icons in menus are visible (affected: MultiCharts, QuoteManager, 3D Optimization Charts, and Portfolio Backtester).
    Both of the issues will be fixed in the official release of 6.0.
    Thank you

Have a great day All!

SP

Postby SP » 30 Jun 2010

Most likely, you are missing futures in the base prior to M0 (M2010). Please add H2010 and Z2009 and yellow alerts will be gone (this is for quarterly contracts).

Thanks for clarification.

I think I found a buf the inputs. When you use as a inputs a decimal number like 5.2 it's give strange behavior. And when you use the same thing with a function it's give error.
    if i use

input: FirstDate (lastcalcdate) ;

i get this error on some codes

<<EXCEPTION>>
    Address: 0x04710025 ( 74514469 )
    Code: 0xC0000005 ( -1073741819 )
    Continuable: 0x00000000 ( 0 )
    Count: 0x00000004 ( 4 )
    Description: Die Anweisung in 0x
    ErrorCode: 0xC0000005 ( -1073741819 )
    ExceptionType: 0x00000000 ( 0 )
    Module: {unknown}
    Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\TS Support\MultiCharts\MultiCharts.exe
    Thread ID: 0x0000127C ( 4732 )

phil

my problem

Postby phil » 30 Jun 2010

Ok, my os version windows 7 and the info are in my video.

Hope that help. run the video with the webpage.

phil
    Attachments
    multicahrt.part1.rar
    (1.39 MiB) Downloaded 182 times
    multicahrt.part2.rar
    (1.39 MiB) Downloaded 195 times
    multicahrt.part3.rar
    (393.97 KiB) Downloaded 208 times

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 01 Jul 2010

Hi Phil,

Linear Reg Curve (Indicator)
    Price (Numeric) - Price used to calculate linear regression.
    Length (Numeric) - Number of bars used to calculate linear regression.
    Displace (Numeric) - The number of bars to displace the plot of the linear regression curve.
    You input the value of 9.5 for the Lenght.
    Let's take a look at the Average for example:

inputs:
    PriceValue( numericseries ),
    Len( numericsimple ) ;
    Average = Summation( PriceValue, Len ) / Len ;
    If we input 9.5 for Len then the result will be calculated as follows:
    Values of 9 bars will be summarized (summation on 9.5 bars is not possible) and devided by 9.5.
    So it will result in incorrect average value.
    Similar situation is with Linear Reg Curve.
    So do not use decimal number where logically it should be integer.
    I am also attaching the screenshot where you can see that it works the same way in TS.
    Thank you
    Attachments
    TS_LinearRegCurve.PNG
    (81.5 KiB) Downloaded 5726 times

phil

Postby phil » 01 Jul 2010

thx for the clarification Anastassia

phil

Anastassia

You are welcome Phil.

Anastassia

Hi SP,
    if i use
    input: FirstDate (lastcalcdate) ;
    i get this error on some codes
    Programmers confirmed it is a bug. Thank you for reporting the problem. The bug will be fixed in the official release of 6.0.
    Thank you again.

sptrader

running out of memory error

Postby sptrader » 02 Jul 2010

I just loaded beta4 tonight and keep getting the "your PC is running out of memory error, "reduce bars or charts". I did remove about 4 charts and still get the error. I never had this error before and it's on constantly with beta4. I run XPsp3 with a quad core and 4gb ram. I have 13 workspaces and about 4 charts per workspace with about 6 indicators per chart.
    See usage attached.
    Attachments
    MC_Memory.jpg
    (86.49 KiB) Downloaded 5716 times
    MC_Running out of memory error.jpg
    (22.43 KiB) Downloaded 5745 times

TJ

Re: running out of memory error

Postby TJ » 02 Jul 2010

I just loaded beta4 tonight and keep getting the "your PC is running out of memory error, "reduce bars or charts". I did remove about 4 charts and still get the error. I never had this error before and it's on constantly with beta4. I run XPsp3 with a quad core and 4gb ram. I have 13 workspaces and about 4 charts per workspace with about 6 indicators per chart.
    See usage attached.
    I have the same observation.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 02 Jul 2010

I just loaded beta4 tonight and keep getting the "your PC is running out of memory error, "reduce bars or charts".
    I find that, when I get this error, I just shut down and restart - seems to solve the problem (memory load). In other words: You don't need to close down charts or workspaces. MC seems to be grabbing a big chunk of memory and not letting it go for some reason.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 02 Jul 2010

I just loaded beta4 tonight and keep getting the "your PC is running out of memory error, "reduce bars or charts".
    I find that, when I get this error, I just shut down and restart - seems to solve the problem (memory load). In other words: You don't need to close down charts or workspaces. MC seems to be grabbing a big chunk of memory and not letting it go for some reason.
    ** I just left it alone last night and woke up this morning with charting shut down ! That is a MAJOR BUG.
    I gave up and re-installed beta2, seems to be the most stable beta so far. (Beta 3 wouldn't update custom futures-confirmed bug-Andrew) My trading software has to be 100% reliable. I'm getting a new Win7 laptop on Tues, so I can experiment with beta4 on that one. (I know I should have waited but I love trying out the new features-fixes in the new betas)

geizer

Postby geizer » 02 Jul 2010

The default holiday list of the "Toronto Stock Exchange" (TSE) is incorrectly set to "Tokyo Stock Exchange". Instead TSE should be set to "Canada". Please verify holiday lists.
    Thank you,
    --
    Pavel
    Last edited by geizer on 04 Jul 2010, edited 1 time in total.

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Jul 2010

... and here it is.

The same error that I received from beta 3.

MC beta 4 has been running for the last 2 days (24/7), with 3 workspaces, and 7 charts with 10 or so indicators.

PS: when this same error occurred in beta 3, MC had been running for 3 days (24/7).
    Usually, I run MC 24/7 from Sunday 'til Friday.

Also, accordingly with Windows Task Manager, ATCenterServer, tsServer, StudyServer, MessageCenter, and TradingServer continues to run after the error

Regards,
    Fernando
    Attachments
    MC_beta4_error.JPG
    (63.29 KiB) Downloaded 5729 times

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 03 Jul 2010

Hi,

Has a command (or option) been created to allow the use of the original MC version of Arw_GetActive, Text_GetActive, TL_GetActive which is still available in MC 6.0 beta 2. it was a very valuable feature in MC to be able to feed interactive inputs into your studies and I use it extensively in the beta 2 version of MC 6.0. It is (for all intents and purposes) IMPOSSIBLE for me to upgrade until this interactive _GetActive feature is again available. If the answer is yes is there any documentation on this? What is interesting is only in Beta 3 does the replay speed slider control get fixed allowing me to use that feature. So the winner in my priority list of the two features is the _GetActive interactive feature available in Beta 2 (much more important than the replay feature).

For anyone still on beta 2 or below and interested in this interactive feature see the thread below for a base script to get started using it.
    http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7397
    My bet is that MC will some day have a custom tool bar feature of allowing us to predefine tools and store them on the tool bar. When this happens this _GetActive feature becomes even more powerful. The reason is the study can determine (based upon the color of the tool) exactly what to do if that tool is highlighted as active.

Example: Color red is for RSI levels. You spot something in the RSI and want to enter immediately at that RSI level. You drop a red arrow at that location, the study picks up the fact that it is active and your study grabs the RSI level, (puts the RSI value on the arrow to help you see that you dropped the arrow correctly). What this has done is allowed you to use your eyes to detect the trade and get the data in very fast. It buys you time to maybe some day have your studies smart enough to determine where that RSI level is (Obvioulsy a lot more code is required for the task of determining that RSI level in the first place). As another simple example (not one I use), maybe you love double top/bottom trades. Maybe a yellow arrow is used here. You drop it at a top/bottom and that sets your study up for that type of trade. Add text_GetActive to the mix and the posibilities really expand (not to mention TL_Getactive). Why note Arcs (etc). From a TSS perspective it gets more traders up and running faster by giving them time to maybe fully automate later (not to mention that even fully automated traders can use these techniques).

Thanks,
    John.
    Last edited by bowlesj3 on 07 Jul 2010, edited 21 times in total.

steven

Postby steven » 06 Jul 2010

Dear TSsupport,

What that below new feature for? can you give a example?

Thanks,
    Steven

Point & Figure, Kagi, Renko, Line Break Charts
    Two chart-plotting algorithms are now available: starting at the beginning of the requested period or starting at the beginning of each session. In the first case, same-symbol charts having different start dates will be different. In the second case, charts will be identical irrespective of the starting point; however, data that were not included in the last bar of a session will not be carried over to create the first bar of the next session.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Jul 2010

** I just left it alone last night and woke up this morning with charting shut down ! That is a MAJOR BUG.
    Dear Sirs,

This bug has been added to our fix list. Our engineers are working on it now.

MC beta 4 has been running for the last 2 days (24/7), with 3 workspaces, and 7 charts with 10 or so indicators.

PS: when this same error occurred in beta 3, MC had been running for 3 days (24/7).

Also, accordingly with Windows Task Manager, ATCenterServer, tsServer, StudyServer, MessageCenter, and TradingServer continues to run after the error
    Dear Fernando,

Please send your workspace and the archive with the studies that you are using to dmasalov@multicharts.com. We need them in order to reproduce the problem on our end.

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 07 Jul 2010

Hi Steven,

What that below new feature for? can you give a example?
    I am attaching the screenshot for you that will give you an idea of that feature.

Have a nice day
    Attachments
    Steven.bmp
    Two chart-plotting algorithms
    (1.08 MiB) Downloaded 5720 times

Anastassia

Hi Geizer,
    The default holiday list of the "Toronto Stock Exchange" (TSE) is incorrectly set to "Tokyo Stock Exchange". Instead TSE should be set to "Canada". Please verify holiday lists.
    Programmers have checked and confirm that the holiday list for "Toronto Stock Exchange" (TSE) is set incorrectly to "Tokyo Stock Exchange". It will be fixed in 6.0 official release.
    Thank you for reporting the bug.
    Have a nice day

Anastassia

Hi John,
    Has a command (or option) been created to allow the use of the original MC version of Arw_GetActive, Text_GetActive, TL_GetActive which is still available in MC 6.0 beta 2. It was a very valuable feature in MC..
    I believe Dave and You already discussed this and came to a conclusion. Please see the corresponding post:
    http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?p=33170#33170

Have a nice day

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Jul 2010

Hi Anastassia,

Thanks for the response.

Actually my understanding was that TSS was going to create an MC version of the three commands and a TS version of the commands and after a number of posts Bruce indicated he had the same understanding (I will get the quote soon that suggests that although I must admit that Dave's was not really all that clear either). No time line was given of course which leads to my question.

My question was simply should I go to the trouble of installing the beta 4 (since I can not use MC without the MC version of these commands). I can live without it since I have MC 2.1.999.999 and MC 6.0 beta 2. However the replay is not quite there yet in Beta 2 and not having the MC version of these 3 commands means I can not test your changes to the replay (it seems that I give the most feedback on that feature).

Unfortunately you response has put my understanding in doubt.

To review (in calmer sumarized form) it really surprised me that TSS changed these commands without any forum discussions and no complains on the forum about the MC versions of these commands (I watch the forum closely and I would have picked up on such a discussion). It seemed like such a step backward (especially without clear discussion, forwarning and backup reasoning) that it did not seem real to me (it seemed out of character for TSS who I often defend). The MC versions of these commands are actually more useful (to me at least) than the recalculate command although if that was removed it too would block me from any upgrades. Although the replay is very useful, not having the replay would never block me from an upgrade. Regarding the recalculate command I know of at least 2 other users using it so considering the fact that I consider the MC version of these three _GetActive commands even more useful than the recalculate command, I figure you have a at least a few users using the MC versions of the _Getactive commands. They may be sitting a few MC versions back and not be aware of the change.

Regarding the TS versions of these 3 commands, there is no way to reprogram those versions to create interactive input to MC. If someone can figure out how I sure would like to know about it. In my mind, if TSS sells the interactive input idea it can only mean more money in their bank account since both discretionary and fully automated traders can use the approach and using the technique can in no way shape or form stop a trader from going fully automated. I can't even test the TS versions now. they are on Beta 3. Maybe (given enough time) I could come up with something. Oh Well, Can't complain. It is not money in my pocket here (again my interest in upgrading is simply to test your replay).

Anastassia

John, here what Dave wrote:
    We understand that it may cause inconveniences for some users and plan to add the MC version of the keywords in the future.
    I confirm that this is what we plan to do in the near future.

Have a nice day

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Jul 2010

Thanks Anastassia

You did a better job than I did. I scanned found another one and missed that one. I remember it now that you point it out. So Bruce and I were correct.

It is a great feature. I think it is worth mentioning the feature in your marketing (somehow so new users can understand it and see the benefits). And if need be get that message to top management. The good thing is you do not need to fix any bugs with it.

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by bowlesj3 on 07 Jul 2010, edited 2 times in total.

geizer

Postby geizer » 07 Jul 2010

Dear TS Support,
    I share comments made by Bowlesj3 regarding the need for an option to use of the original MC versions of Arw_GetActive, Text_GetActive, TL_GetActive. Some serious arguments supporting the idea were already made in earlier posts on this subject (when the issue first surfaced in MC v6 beta 3). Adding the original MC versions of these commands will definitely be beneficial to MultiCharts users. The enchanced set of commands also supports the idea of PowerLanguage being more (and giving users more) than EasyLanguage.
    --Pavel

[edited] Missed the post by Anastassia addressing the subject...while typing.
    TSS, you are so quick in response :)

Anastassia

Hi Guys,

We understand that some of you want to get back the original MC versions of Arw_GetActive, Text_GetActive, TL_GetActive so we will work on it in the near future. We changed the original behaviour because it was inconsistent with TS behavior. However, we are planning to incorporate both versions in MC for everyone's convenience. Thank you for understanding and your patience.

Thank you Pavel and John for sharing your opinion on this matter.

Have a great day All.

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 08 Jul 2010

Thanks for fixing the 'exit from entry' automation bug. However you still haven't given us greater control of the automation facility by providing keyboard shortcuts for the common automation menu options and buttons. Surely this is not a big job?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Jul 2010

Dear brendanh,

You are welcome. Regarding keyboard shortcuts, it is not so easy when you do everything right. We will do it most likely in MultiCharts 7.0.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Jul 2010

I agree with Dave. I think any keyboard shortcuts if they are hard set by TSS have to be delayed until new features are finalized in design and after that they need to be very well thought out since if there is an error and some need changing after the fact people will likely get upset (especially if it involves sending off orders). Maybe it is actually easier to let the user set them (within specific contexts meaning that F3 for example would mean one thing during replay and a different thing during automation).

iso

Postby iso » 10 Jul 2010

Keyboard shortcuts would be a great improvement. I think hard coding them would be a mistake in the long run. Letting the user set the ones that are most important to them will appeal to the most users. I personally use hotkeys for drawing tools, in MC this would be a huge help when you have charts undocked and on another monitor and you want to apply a drawing object, as it is now I have to find the drawing toolbar and then go back over a few screens to the chart.

Thanks

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 10 Jul 2010

Yes short cut keys should be put everywhere possible (in time when they are fairly well thought out). It is not just for the user to do them by hand but also for macro key programs to be able to run sequences of them (often where the user only clicks a button on their software or maybe as little as one key stroke and it could execute 10 to 20 key strokes to control MC). MC 6.0 had a fair number of improvements over MC 2.1.999.999 in the main menu options which helped in this regard. They were better thought out in MC 6.0. Going against what I said above, I personally had to reprogram things from my end but it was worth it. I think the main thing is to warn users if you are going to change the shortcut keys (could be a single line per change in your release notes). Too much delay is not great either (a judgement call).

arnie

Postby arnie » 11 Jul 2010

Hi TSSupport.

Are you aware of the CME Data Fee Waiver that several data fees services are offering, namely eSignal, IQFeed, and others?

Regarding eSignal, is it possible for you to add to QM's Symbol Dictionary the symbols for this CME "service"?

There are a couple of symbols that have been changed for this service, namely, Crude Oil (CL Q0=1), Gold (GC Q0=1), EurUsd (6E U0=1), among others.

Regards,
    Fernando

Henrik

Postby Henrik » 12 Jul 2010

It is planned to add instruments "from data source" for MBT in the quotemanager?

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 12 Jul 2010

Hi Henrik,

It is planned to add instruments "from data source" for MBT in the quotemanager?
    MBTrading doesn't provide Symbol List so it is not possible for us to implement "from data source". You might want to contact MBTrading and find out if addition of Symbol List is planned.

Thank you

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 12 Jul 2010

Hi Arnie,

CME Data Fee Waiver service frees you from paying Exchange Fees if you are already using Brokerage Services. It doesn't really have to do anything with symbols per se. Symbols don't change it is just that you either pay Exchange Fees for them or you don't. So you can just go to QuoteManager-> Instrument (Symbol) ->add Instrument ->From data source and add any symbol you need.

Thank you

kiasom

Postby kiasom » 13 Jul 2010

Dear TS Support,
    I share comments made by Bowlesj3 regarding the need for an option to use of the original MC versions of Arw_GetActive, Text_GetActive, TL_GetActive. Some serious arguments supporting the idea were already made in earlier posts on this subject (when the issue first surfaced in MC v6 beta 3). Adding the original MC versions of these commands will definitely be beneficial to MultiCharts users. The enchanced set of commands also supports the idea of PowerLanguage being more (and giving users more) than EasyLanguage.
    --Pavel
    I also hope for a quick restoring of this functionality.
    As long as MC has no built-in manual order processing , this is one way of providing some rudimentary user induced order processing within an automated strategy that runs realtime. Currently, as a matter of fact, I have to use two platforms in parallel (MC+NT), which is a bit awkward.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Jul 2010

As long as MC has no built-in manual order processing , this is one way of providing some rudimentary user induced order processing within an automated strategy that runs realtime. Currently, as a matter of fact, I have to use two platforms in parallel (MC+NT), which is a bit awkward.
    Dear kiasom,

We will implement manual trading in MultiCharts 7.0, which will be released most likely at the end of summer/beginning of autumn.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 14 Jul 2010

Actually having the Text_GetActive Arw_GetActive and TL_GetActive would probably be as good as you need for Manual Trading if the other heavily requested feature of timed execution of studies was put in place since slow ticks would not be an issue and the timing could be set at whatevr speed the trader wanted. Especially true if commands to detect a tick triggering execution of the indicator/study or a timer triggering execution of the indicator/study are in place. I will get the thread to that later for ideas in this area. An Exit study command would also be helpful and I think it may be in the thread (I am not the only one requesting that either).

The advantage of the GetActive set is this is a very flexible tool that has many uses above and beyond manual order entry (much more flexible for the trader than anything TSS could ever program up). The trader can create a specialized order entry if they wish. TSS can never do that unless they create an actual database program (not likely and far too much extra programming skill required for the trader as well).

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Jul 2010

Dear John,

Please tell us how critical is for you the implementation of MC versions of Text_GetActive Arw_GetActive and TL_GetActive?

Other traders are welcomed to share their points of view too.

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Jul 2010

Dear John,

Please tell us how critical is for you the implementation of MC versions of Text_GetActive Arw_GetActive and TL_GetActive?

Other traders are welcomed to share their points of view too.
    A MC version is definitely an asset.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 15 Jul 2010

Hi Dave,

Regarding,
    Dear John,

The simple answer is extremely critical. As stated earlier I won't be upgrading until the MC versions are back (in some form).

REASON:
    I am a discretionary trader and set my entry points using these commands. I originally programmed a very cumbersome data entry method then when I discovered just how powerful these commands were (the MC versions) I redid all of my stuff using them (why would I not make use of them when the data entry is many times faster). I use them not just for bounce entry points but the stalls too. I use both Text_GetActive and Arw_GetActive for this. I will probably program another method that uses TL_GetActive soon but these are horizontal lines (I do not use Trend lines as TLs are used in theory). I have other uses for them in place as well.

If you have two sets of commands (MC version and TS version) I will see if I can figure out a use for the TS versions too. If you choose to make it an option in MC as to how they work I will obviously not be using the TS version option but that is fine with me. I won't miss it.

These are the methods to extend the power of the MC versions of these commands (that I know of).
    1/ use a GV that tells the program how to deal with the data obtained from the Highlighted tool (or just the fact that the tool is highlighed).
    2/ along the same line Use colors (most likely to be used when MC some day has custom tool bars that can store predefined arrows, text, TLs etc - this method is not useful until that predefinition provides the required speed)
    3/ I use values as well. If an arrow is active in the RSI it has a value below 200. If it is in the price area it has a value greater. Using this method I can use the Arw_GetActive command in two ways on the same chart.
    4/ Also the direction of the arrow is used.

In some cases the fact that the Trader has to unhighlight the tool is very useful. I just programmed an arrow highlight that grabs RSI data. However while it is highlighted I can make adjustments using a GV. Once it is not highlighted it signals MC to run the code to process the data and it resets the adjustment to zero for the next highlighted arrow. Very Powerful stuff.

If MC some day has a timer call to studies (rather than just tick calls) that would increase the power of these commands for better use with slow ticking symbols.

John.

skan

bugs

Postby skan » 15 Jul 2010

Hi

I think I've found two bugs.

1. The command "spaces" corrupts some elements of matrixes in the same strategy. It's strange because it doesn't have anything to do with it.

2. I can't compile any strategy on Windows 7 64 bit, I get an unknown error. I don't have the same problem with other versions of Windows.

Henrik

Re: bugs

Postby Henrik » 15 Jul 2010

2. I can't compile any strategy on Windows 7 64 bit, I get an unknown error. I don't have the same problem with other versions of Windows.
    I have no problems with Windows 7 64 bit.

TJ

Re: bugs

Postby TJ » 15 Jul 2010

Hi

I think I've found two bugs.

1. The command "spaces" corrupts some elements of matrixes in the same strategy. It's strange because it doesn't have anything to do with it.
    can you post the snippet that causes this corruption?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Jul 2010

Dear skan,
    Could you please precise what the problem is and post an example of the code?
    The compilation problem may be caused by some other software installed on your computer. Please come to our Live Chat (http://www.tssupport.com/support/contacts/) so we can connect to your computer and fix the issue.

skan

Postby skan » 16 Jul 2010

please, compare the output with the first print and the output with the second print.
    I don't know why the second print doesn't work properly, I get the first element copied to two places instead of one.

inputs: double diasatras(10), double barsize(60);// Tamano barra en minutos, debe coincidir con grafico
    vars: double posi(0), double dia(1), double tamano(24*60/barsize), jj(0) ;
    array: double datos[10,24](0); // 24*60/barsize , hay que meterlo a mano numericamente

posi = 1;

datos[dia,posi] = close;

jj = 1 ;

// print(File("c:\temp\datos.txt"),datos[jj,1]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,2]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,3]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,4]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,5]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,6]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,7]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,8]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,9]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,10]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,11]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,12]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,13]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,14]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,15]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,16]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,17]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,18]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,19]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,20]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,21]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,22]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,23]:0:5, " ",datos[jj,24]:0:5);
    print(File("c:\temp\datos.txt"),datos[jj,1]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,2]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,3]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,4]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,5]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,6]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,7]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,8]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,9]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,10]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,11]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,12]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,13]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,14]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,15]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,16]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,17]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,18]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,19]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,20]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,21]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,22]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,23]:0:5, spaces(5),datos[jj,24]:0:5);

skan

Postby skan » 16 Jul 2010

------ Compiled with error(s): ------
    Compile error
    errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0
    causal study: (Function)

My computer at home does have the same software than my computer at work with W7 32 bit, .Net framework and Muclticharts.

I've tried uninstalling it and several beta versions. I think even 5.5 didn't work.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Jul 2010

Dear skan,
    please, compare the output with the first print and the output with the second print.
    I don't know why the second print doesn't work properly, I get the first element copied to two places instead of one.

This is the particularity of MultiCharts. The buffer size = 10.

Workaround: do not use more than 10 arguments in Print.

====
    var: str1(""), str2("");

str1 = text(datos[jj,1]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,2]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,3]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,4]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,5]:0:5,spaces(5));
    str2 = text(datos[jj,6]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,7]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,8]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,9]:0:5,spaces(5),datos[jj,10]:0:5,spaces(5));

print(str1, str2);

------ Compiled with error(s): ------
    Compile error
    errLine 0, errColumn 0, errLineEnd 0, errColumnEnd 0
    causal study: (Function)

My computer at home does have the same software than my computer at work with W7 32 bit, .Net framework and Muclticharts.

I've tried uninstalling it and several beta versions. I think even 5.5 didn't work.
    This problem may be caused by a particular sequence in which the software was installed.

Please come to our Live Chat and we will fix this problem for you.

tcat

Postby tcat » 16 Jul 2010

Hi,

Running the latest beta I currently a few issues:

1) It seems that MC is sometimes out of sync with the status of indicators in PLE. Indicators appear "compiled" in PLE but not in MC. Re-starting MC does the sync job.

2) As already identified and acknowledged, I am also facing the recurrent memory warning issue, which does not reflect the state of the hardware.

3) When drawing a horizontal trendline, the trendline never stands were it is drawn and always require manual input to be correctly placed. Also, clicking on an existing line should not lead to it moving.

4) Lately, Ihave started encountering a lot of crash with MC, which often follow the memory issue warning.

Regards,
    Thierry

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 19 Jul 2010

Hi Thierry,
    1) It seems that MC is sometimes out of sync with the status of indicators in PLE. Indicators appear "compiled" in PLE but not in MC. Re-starting MC does the sync job.
    Could you please describe me the sequence of action leading to this problem?
    2) As already identified and acknowledged, I am also facing the recurrent memory warning issue, which does not reflect the state of the hardware.
    http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?p=34258#34258
    3) When drawing a horizontal trendline, the trendline never stands were it is drawn and always require manual input to be correctly placed. Also, clicking on an existing line should not lead to it moving.
    It was designed to behave that way when in Snap mode. Go to View -> Snap mode and uncheck it.
    4) Lately, Ihave started encountering a lot of crash with MC, which often follow the memory issue warning.
    Could you please precise what exactly you are doing when MC crashes?
    Also, please provide me with Logs. They are at Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs. You will need to zip each folder and post them here. Please note, logs need to be taken right after the crash occurs, without restarting MultiCharts.

Thank you in advance

tcat

Postby tcat » 19 Jul 2010

Hi Anastassia,

Following the lack of stability of MC6b4, I uninstalled it and went back to MC6b3 which solved my issues. Repairing the MC6b4 installation did not solve anything, reason for which I decided to stop working on it, especially as MC6b4 was crashing continuously.

To answer your questions:
    1) Working with both MC and PLE, I had all indicators compiled in PLE which did not properly appear in MC.
    As MC6b4 issued a lot of memory issues and did not seem to shut down all services upon exit, the problem might be related. I do no longer face this issue going back to MC6b3

2) Indeed, I have seen that this went on your bug list. Note however that the bug is consequent enough to prevent me from properly working with the latest beta.

3) I have taken good note of the "snap" mode and have removed it. Thanks for the tip.

4) All logs have been sent to TSSUPPORT following the log/crash error messages that appeared upon and after crashes. As I entered a crash loop between MC6b4 and PLE v6b4, I had to uninstall and get back to the previous beta to keep working. I suspect this issue is directly related to point 2). Note that re-starting windows 7-64 did not solve any of those issues.

Regards,
    Thierry

piranhaxp

MC Version 6.0 Beta 4 (Bld 3445) - Missing TL's & Txt is

Postby piranhaxp » 19 Jul 2010

If I save charts (workspaces) with TL's and Txt and I close the chart (workspace) and open it the next day, all TL's and Txt's are not visuable. But you can check in the <Format>-<Drawing> menue that the TL's and Txt's are still there. In Beta 3 everything was shown after a new bar with an open price was build. In Beta4 nothing comes back.

I have to design my charts every day again from new. Unbelievable.

Is there any solution ?

Kind regards.

Mike
    Attachments
    MissingTL&TXT.png
    (71.27 KiB) Downloaded 5744 times

TJ

Re: MC Version 6.0 Beta 4 (Bld 3445) - Missing TL's & Tx

Postby TJ » 19 Jul 2010

If I save charts (workspaces) with TL's and Txt and I close the chart (workspace) and open it the next day, all TL's and Txt's are not visuable. But you can check in the <Format>-<Drawing> menue that the TL's and Txt's are still there. In Beta 3 everything was shown after a new bar with an open price was build. In Beta4 nothing comes back.

I have to design my charts every day again from new. Unbelievable.

Is there any solution ?

Kind regards.

Mike
    you have changed the symbol,
    that's why the drawing objects are not showing.

simon007

update memory problem

Postby simon007 » 22 Jul 2010

Dear Sirs,

This bug has been added to our fix list. Our engineers are working on it now.

Dear Fernando,

Please send your workspace and the archive with the studies that you are using to dmasalov@multicharts.com. We need them in order to reproduce the problem on our end.
    Hi Dave,

is there already an update for this problem, I'm experiencing the same issue

Best regards,

Simon

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 Jul 2010

Dear Simon,

Could you please precise, are you talking about the "running out of memory" issue or the "Runtime error"?

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 22 Jul 2010

Hello

Congratulation to TSSupport team, :D

We are testing MC 6 Beta4, and once again, MC 6 is beyond expectation !!! :D

Multichart is really excellent !!!! :D It is like a good wine, it is geting better and better each time !!!

Among many other point we really appreciate the backtesting precision, with the bar magnifier , this is really excellent , and very efficient !!!!

If we may, we would like to ask the following :

- would it be possible for the optimisation report : to have the results with the Bearish / Bullish perpective.

For the moment we have the result Bullish and Bearish together without distinction bear or bull.

- when we have the optimisation report, we have the the 3D view, which is excellent, would it be possible to have a button to print the 3D wiew ? for the moment we can only see it on the screen.

- would be possible to have the option to print the charts, without the black background. (maybe with the help of a checkbox in the dialog box)
    We are using a lot of ink when we print the black background.

each time we have to manually configure the chart background white (we don't see the chart very well on the screen in this case) and then to print , then we have to configure back the background in black again to be able to work on the screen.

- We was unable to make the print preview work , we had an error message, (division by 0), the MC crash.

We know we are asking a lot, but it is worth it when we see the results of Multichart !!!!

And congratulation again for this excellent version Multicharts !!!

:D :D Best Regards to all the TSSupport Team !!!!! :D :D :D

You are the best !!!

simon007

Dear Simon,

Could you please precise, are you talking about the "running out of memory" issue or the "Runtime error"?
    Hi Dave,

I'm talking about the running out of memory error.

Best regards,

Simon

Dave Masalov

Dear Simon,

This bug will be fixed in the official release of MultiCharts 6.0

simon007

Dear Simon,

This bug will be fixed in the official release of MultiCharts 6.0
    Hi Dave,

When is this release planned?

Best regards,

Simon

Dave Masalov

Dear Emmanuel,

Thank you for your kind words.

I have forwarded your feature requests to the developers.

Regarding the print preview problem, could you please precise what OS do you use and do you have a printer by default installed? If not, please install it. If you have the printer by default installed and still have this problem, please come to our Live Chat so we can connect to your computer remotely and analyze the situation.

Dave Masalov

Dear Simon,

The release is planned on the next week.

simon007

Dear Simon,

Super, thanks...

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 22 Jul 2010

Dear Simon,

Will it have integration with Duka?

Dave Masalov

Will it have integration with Duka?
    Dear Tresor,

Yes Dukascopy will be supported as a broker in MC 6.0 release.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 22 Jul 2010

Cool.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 22 Jul 2010

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your answer,

Regarding the Print Preview, it work ! :D

I had this error message because I didn't restarted my computer after the installation of Multicharts 6.0.

(I was so excited, I couldn't wait to try MC 6.0 :lol: )

And now, it don't print anymore the black background of the screen !!!! this is excellent !!!!

Please , forget the my request regarding this point in my previous post.

Best Regards

Emmanuel

Dave Masalov

Dear Emmanuel,

You are welcome. Glad to hear that the problem has been solved.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 24 Jul 2010

Hi Dave,

I am testing Beta4 , and as I am using the power editor, the color of the text became black, then all the text became black :?

This start to occur when I type more than 1901 lines of text, first some of the word became black then all the text became black

This 1901 lines, represent:

75173 character

or

96044 character with space included

(In thoses 75173 or 96044 caracteres, you have included the green comments)

Even if I start a new indicator, then copy past the indicator, the text is black...

I can compile, the compilator work, but the text stay black :?

No more green, no more blue ... only black

I restarted my computer, but the text stay black.

I created a new indicator, copy and past the code, but all the text is black in the new indicator. It can be all blue as well !

The other text indicator kept their color.

When I import on the previous version of MC 5.5, I have the same black text ..

do you know why ? :?:

The only solution I have for the moment, is to have less than 1901 line,

then the color come back.
    :?

1901 line is not a lot of line, I am suprise by this limitation.

Best Regards

Emmanuel

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Jul 2010

Dear Emmanuel,

There is a limitation of coloring the code in PLE. If the code consist of more than 10 000 lines, it is not colored.

If you want to disable this limitation, please go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts\PowerLanguage Editor\Settings\
    ConstraintHLTextSize = 0

If there is no such parameter, you shoul create DWORD parameter ConstraintHLTextSize and set it to "0". It is set to "1" by default (the limitation is enabled).

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 27 Jul 2010

Hi Dave,

It work !!!! :D

This is really cool !!! It is when the color disappear that we realize how much it is usufull and practical :D

Why not removing this limitation at from the installation ?

This limitation is not 10 000 line in my code, it probably depend on the number of character per line.

in my code the limitation is a 1901 line. 75000 character...

Dave thank you so much for your answer , :D you are the king of the information ! :D

Have a wonderful day !

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 28 Jul 2010

Dear Emmanuel,

Normally, the limitation is 10 000 symbols, not lines - I mistyped it. Sorry.

Coloring very long codes may reduce the performance of the computer as it consumes memory and CPU resources. MultiCharts is a performance oriented application, that is why we added this limitation.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 28 Jul 2010

Coloring very long codes may reduce the performance of the computer as it consumes memory and CPU resources. MultiCharts is a performance oriented application, that is why we added this limitation.
    Am I correct to assume that this problem would go with 64-bit version?

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 28 Jul 2010

Please note: Array_Copy keyword is non-functioning in beta 4 - see also http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=7599.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 28 Jul 2010

Dave

I understand MC is performance oriented... This is excellent ! :D

And as we have to possibility to remove this limitation when we need it, this ie even better :D :D

I see that now we can zoom in the curve of the strategy performance report, this coooool !!!!!

Do you think it would be possible to print in the 3D optimization Charts (print buton)?

Do you think it would possible to adjust the color of the "water level" or the chart 3D via a color buton ? (to bring more contrast to the charts?)

We know we are asking a lot, but we are crazy about your software MC 6.. :roll: :wink:

:D :D Multicharts 6.0 beta 4 is fantastic !!!! :D :D

Please continue to do your genial work and development !!!!!

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 29 Jul 2010

Quote:

Am I correct to assume that this problem would go with 64-bit version?
    Dear Tresor,

This is not actually a problem and it is not related to 32 or 64 bits.

simon007

Re:

Postby simon007 » 30 Jul 2010

Dear Simon,

Hi Dave,

Is this release still planned for this week?

Best regards,

Simon

phil

Re: Multicharts 6.0 Beta 4 feedback

Postby phil » 30 Jul 2010

Go there already release.

www.multicharts.com

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 Jul 2010

Dear Sirs,

Yes, the release of MC 6.0 is already available for downloading.

skan

Postby skan » 02 Aug 2010

Hello

I've seen another bug.

In "order and position tracker" -> "strategy positions" -> The column "Position Match" doesn't work properly if I'm running several strategies on the same underlying but different bar sizes.

And
    Sometimes indicators don't refresh the drawing properly, you must scroll back and forward or rescale the chart in order to see it properly.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Aug 2010

Dear skan,

Could you please precise if you are having the same problems in MC 6.0 Release?

beck donald

Postby beck donald » 06 Aug 2010

Dave,

At the moment I am running a single strategy on a single instrument. My method will allow more than 1 long or short position. What I see is a constant matching of the strategy and broker position columns. It is always true and the position sizes under strategy and broker positions match based on the qty at the broker.

What I would hope to see, is that if I have a currency pair with a net of 3 long positions and the broker has a net of 4 long positions, for this not to be a match and for the Strategy Position to be 300,000 and the broker position to be 400,000. That I could then have the option of going to my broker platform and enter a position to re-sync it all it leave it alone, for the next trade to bring it all back into alignment.

In the future I would like an audible alert and text message sent if there is a position mis-match for a user definable X seconds.

Another future approach could be to have a column Total Strategy Position and Current Strategy Position. Total Broker Position and Current Broker Orders. That way one could zero in on the position mis-match issue. A task more difficult with multiple instruments being traded.

Thank's
    Don
    Dear skan,

Could you please precise if you are having the same problems in MC 6.0 Release?

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Aug 2010

- would be possible to have the option to print the charts, without the black background. (maybe with the help of a checkbox in the dialog box)
    We are using a lot of ink when we print the black background.

each time we have to manually configure the chart background white (we don't see the chart very well on the screen in this case) and then to print , then we have to configure back the background in black again to be able to work on the screen.
    Qcharts has an excellent color scheme which has a white background making it good for printing. If TSS decides to provide a white background option, getting Qcharts for a week or so is a proven shortcut to getting it correct immediately. One of its few exceptional features along with its excellence regarding drawing tools and snap mode which is an other area to copy. Actually MC needs to get even better than QC in the area of snap mode. Unfortunately MC is way behind QC in snapmode at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”