MultiCharts With Bloomberg

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aljafp

MultiCharts With Bloomberg

Postby aljafp » 21 Jul 2010

hi,
Anyone actually using Multicharts with Bloomberg ?
IF so, are you able to backfill historical data ?
And how is the speed/stability/quality of the data integration into MultiCharts ?

thanks

smashthepound

Postby smashthepound » 23 Jul 2010

I used it in the past and it works fine. You can backfill historical data given the limitation imposed by BLP (if I remember correctly 180 day of intraday data). As I used it just for a number of days I cannot make any judgement about stability, but speed and quality of data integration was good.

If you set it up:
QuoteManager/Instrument/Add Symbol/From Data Source/Bloomberg

Go in INDEX and type in INDU for the Dow Jones Indstrial. Press Look up and them add.

DO NOT search for "INDU INDEX" as you might do while using BLP. This will not work.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 28 Jul 2010

I used it in the past and it works fine. You can backfill historical data given the limitation imposed by BLP (if I remember correctly 180 day of intraday data). As I used it just for a number of days I cannot make any judgement about stability, but speed and quality of data integration was good.

If you set it up:
QuoteManager/Instrument/Add Symbol/From Data Source/Bloomberg

Go in INDEX and type in INDU for the Dow Jones Indstrial. Press Look up and them add.

DO NOT search for "INDU INDEX" as you might do while using BLP. This will not work.
Besides mapping indexes, have you tried receiving quotes for futures ?

I am concern because according to the video provided by TSSupport, Multicharts is UNABLE to map the instrument to the correct exchange.

The exchange field is shown as "UNDEF"

MC any response on this ?

thanks

smashthepound

Postby smashthepound » 29 Jul 2010

I am a forex/fi expert and did not look at futures. But I checked my QM and indeed a lot is mapped to UNDEF.

But I think it is possible to do the mapping of exchanges manually.

Anyway - if you are just interested in listed products I am sure you can find a cheaper data providors. BLP is good for analytics and OTC products and quotes. Check out Tenfore or eSignal.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 29 Jul 2010

Besides mapping indexes, have you tried receiving quotes for futures ?

I am concern because according to the video provided by TSSupport, Multicharts is UNABLE to map the instrument to the correct exchange.

The exchange field is shown as "UNDEF"

MC any response on this ?

Dear aljafp,

There is no such auto-mapping in MultiCharts. However you can change the exchange settings manually.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 29 Jul 2010

I am a forex/fi expert and did not look at futures. But I checked my QM and indeed a lot is mapped to UNDEF.

But I think it is possible to do the mapping of exchanges manually.

Anyway - if you are just interested in listed products I am sure you can find a cheaper data providors. BLP is good for analytics and OTC products and quotes. Check out Tenfore or eSignal.
thanks for the info.

I am not a fan of esignal or IQFeed.
And i don't think Multicharts supports Tenfore.

The other feeds tend to be lacking in support for Asian exchanges.

Thus i was looking at bloomberg.

smashthepound

Re: MultiCharts With Bloomberg

Postby smashthepound » 30 Jul 2010

In QM I can see Tenfore as supported Datafeed. MC representative may confirm this. Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”