Question about bid-ask quote

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CrazyNasdaq

Question about bid-ask quote

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 22 Jul 2010

hi, I'd like to know how Quotemanager collect bid and Ask quote.
Is correct if I say that when I'm online and I recieve data, Quotemanager collects and store Bid and Ask with trade ?
If Quotemanager store Bid and Ask (first book level synchronized with trade), can I retrive them using a code which refers to them with data1 for trade, data2 for Bid and data3 for Ask ?
If so, is correct to say that I can have my personal bid-ask historical database and use this data to reference to past studies ?

Thanks in advance

Anastassia

Postby Anastassia » 22 Jul 2010

Hi CrazyNasdaq,

QuoteManager stores all the data that you either receive when plotting a chart or in QuoteManager by "connecting symbol". Now, what kind of data, bid, ask or trade is collected and stored you specify yourself when plotting a chart or "connecting symbol"in QuoteManager. If you right click on the chart, select Format symbol (instrument) -> Settings tab -> QuoteField you will see 3 options: ask bid and trade. So if you choose Trade then data for trades will be saved to the base, etc. To specify which field you want to collect in Quotemanager you need to right click on the symbol and select "fields to collect".

Have a nice day

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 22 Jul 2010

Hi CrazyNasdaq,

QuoteManager stores all the data that you either receive when plotting a chart or in QuoteManager by "connecting symbol". Now, what kind of data, bid, ask or trade is collected and stored you specify yourself when plotting a chart or "connecting symbol"in QuoteManager. If you right click on the chart, select Format symbol (instrument) -> Settings tab -> QuoteField you will see 3 options: ask bid and trade. So if you choose Trade then data for trades will be saved to the base, etc. To specify which field you want to collect in Quotemanager you need to right click on the symbol and select "fields to collect".

Have a nice day
Well, so am I wrong if a say that close of data2 (where data2 is BID quote) in a 1 tick chart is the same of intrabarpersist equal to "insidebid" ?
My interest is to find a way to retrieve historical Bid - ASK fileds to construct an indicator without using real time fileds as InsideBid or InsideAsk.
A way could be to compare close and Volume of data1 (trade) with close and volume of data2 (bid) and Close and Volume of data3 (ask) in a 1 tick chart.
IS right what I've said or is a fantasy that can not become true in an historical way?

Thanks again in advance

Nick

Re: Question about bid-ask quote

Postby Nick » 06 Aug 2010

Can't do it as MC only stores historical data with 1 second precision, all sequencing information across more than 1 data stream is lost.

Hopefully TSSupport will re architect before too long to allow high precision work. Really important for a whole range of things.

janus

Re: Question about bid-ask quote

Postby janus » 06 Aug 2010

I believe, perhaps incorrectly, that if one plots trade as data1, bid as data2 and ask as data3, then run a study based on data1, the some of the real-time values for data2 and data3 will be missed by the study. This is because the study only runs when there's a tick update for trade only. Bid or ask can be updated many times but if there is no new trade tick, the study stays asleep. The only way to fix this is to make the study update on a tick update from any three (or more if others are used) of the data series. At least that's the way I've seen my studies performed in older releases. Perhaps things have changed for the better, but I don't have the time to check. I doubt it. If and when it is fixed to do this, we would need another keyword to allow the study to know which of the data series was updated so the appropriate course of action can be taken.

Return to “MultiCharts”