TS update

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TJ

TS update

Postby TJ » 24 Jul 2010

FYI, this is an update from TS:
Important news for TS Open Platform Developers

Traders in today’s volatile markets demand access and the ability to instantly act on information. Imagine being able to automatically monitor market depth and be alerted, or even place a trade, the moment your rule or trigger is met. Or having your trading platform monitor your open positions, and continuously perform risk assessments, so that in a fast market downturn, or upturn, the appropriate action will automatically be taken.

Introducing TS 9.0 Beta, powered by EasyLanguage. We’ve extended our award winning ability to analyze bar and quote data by giving traders like you the ability to react to market depth, account, position, and order updates, the instant they occur.

We are very pleased to offer you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic group of developers to preview the new TS 9.0 Beta and provide valuable feedback to help shape the future of our development platform. For developers like you, TS 9.0 will offer many features you’ve requested over the past couple of years, including Object Oriented EasyLanguage, an enhanced TS Development Environment, and dozens of other features requested on the TS Enhancement Suggestions Forum.

Below is a list of some of the enhancements that will be included:

• A set of easy-to-use components that can be dragged and dropped from the TS Development Environment’s new ToolBox into your EasyLanguage analysis technique. You can interact with these components using the new Property Editor, without writing a line of code.

These components include:

MarketDepth - allowing you to easily access and monitor valuable real-time market depth data.

Quotes - you can now request and monitor any number of quotes, for any symbol, from within your analysis technique.

Orders and Positions – useful to keep track of changes to any position or order that you have, and to take action, the moment a change occurs.

PriceDataStream – you can now programmatically request price data for any symbol, using any interval, in RadarScreen and Charting.

Workbook – with this component you can interact with Microsoft Excel to perform additional analysis and charting.

Simple and complex orders can be placed from any analysis technique and can be monitored, and instantly acted on, the instant a change occurs.

• EasyLanguage 9.0 is completely backward compatibility with prior versions. We’ve worked hard to ensure that existing code will continue to run with absolutely no changes.

• Dozens of other feature requests from the TS Enhancement Forums have been implemented.

• EasyLanguage has embraced object-oriented features and syntax that many developers are already familiar with.

• Easylanguage now support local methods. Similar to EasyLanguage Functions, they can be used to improve code readability and simplify code structure. Additionally, local methods execute faster than existing EasyLanguage Functions and support recursive calling.

• Exception handling including new try, catch, finally, and throw keywords.

• The new EasyLanguage Class Library which will initially ship with a rich set of over 100 classes. The classes include:

Collections that can be used to create, store, retrieve, and manipulate sets of object. These include dictionary, queue, stack, and vector.

• Classes to create, read, parse, write, and save documents in the Extensible Markup Language format.

• Timer and StopWatch classes to that allow code to be executed at predetermined interval.

• Strategy classes to let developers override the assumptions we make when filling your strategy orders.

• Enumerations

• Ability to programmatically start and stop calculations.

Tresor

Re: TS update

Postby Tresor » 24 Jul 2010

We are very pleased to offer you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic group of developers to preview the new TS 9.0 Beta and provide valuable feedback to help shape the future of our development platform.
Someone should accept this offer and provide valuable feedback to TSS.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 24 Jul 2010

I am sure Andrew is already keeping tabs on this. Besides, TS is playing catchup and is probably monitoring this forum, and others, to figure out their next move.

"Competition is good!"

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 25 Jul 2010

Ability to programmatically start and stop calculations.
Sounds like a debugger.

SP

Postby SP » 25 Jul 2010

"PriceDataStream – you can now programmatically request price data for any symbol, using any interval, in RadarScreen and Charting. "

As esignal and NT now have this, it would be nice if MC could add this feature too as some ADE solutions are sometimes too challenging.

eto

Postby eto » 10 May 2011

FYI, this is an update from TS:
Important news for TS Open Platform Developers

Traders in today’s volatile markets demand access and the ability to instantly act on information. Imagine being able to automatically monitor market depth and be alerted, or even place a trade, the moment your rule or trigger is met. Or having your trading platform monitor your open positions, and continuously perform risk assessments, so that in a fast market downturn, or upturn, the appropriate action will automatically be taken.

Introducing TS 9.0 Beta, powered by EasyLanguage. We’ve extended our award winning ability to analyze bar and quote data by giving traders like you the ability to react to market depth, account, position, and order updates, the instant they occur.

We are very pleased to offer you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic group of developers to preview the new TS 9.0 Beta and provide valuable feedback to help shape the future of our development platform. For developers like you, TS 9.0 will offer many features you’ve requested over the past couple of years, including Object Oriented EasyLanguage, an enhanced TS Development Environment, and dozens of other features requested on the TS Enhancement Suggestions Forum.

Below is a list of some of the enhancements that will be included:

• A set of easy-to-use components that can be dragged and dropped from the TS Development Environment’s new ToolBox into your EasyLanguage analysis technique. You can interact with these components using the new Property Editor, without writing a line of code.

These components include:

MarketDepth - allowing you to easily access and monitor valuable real-time market depth data.

Quotes - you can now request and monitor any number of quotes, for any symbol, from within your analysis technique.

Orders and Positions – useful to keep track of changes to any position or order that you have, and to take action, the moment a change occurs.

PriceDataStream – you can now programmatically request price data for any symbol, using any interval, in RadarScreen and Charting.

Workbook – with this component you can interact with Microsoft Excel to perform additional analysis and charting.

Simple and complex orders can be placed from any analysis technique and can be monitored, and instantly acted on, the instant a change occurs.

• EasyLanguage 9.0 is completely backward compatibility with prior versions. We’ve worked hard to ensure that existing code will continue to run with absolutely no changes.

• Dozens of other feature requests from the TS Enhancement Forums have been implemented.

• EasyLanguage has embraced object-oriented features and syntax that many developers are already familiar with.

• Easylanguage now support local methods. Similar to EasyLanguage Functions, they can be used to improve code readability and simplify code structure. Additionally, local methods execute faster than existing EasyLanguage Functions and support recursive calling.

• Exception handling including new try, catch, finally, and throw keywords.

• The new EasyLanguage Class Library which will initially ship with a rich set of over 100 classes. The classes include:

Collections that can be used to create, store, retrieve, and manipulate sets of object. These include dictionary, queue, stack, and vector.

• Classes to create, read, parse, write, and save documents in the Extensible Markup Language format.

• Timer and StopWatch classes to that allow code to be executed at predetermined interval.

• Strategy classes to let developers override the assumptions we make when filling your strategy orders.

• Enumerations

• Ability to programmatically start and stop calculations.
Hi Dave/Stan,

Is MC 7 have all above features mentioned ?

rgds,

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 May 2011

Hi Dave/Stan,

Is MC 7 have all above features mentioned ?

rgds,
MultiCharts Version 7 beta features are here:
https://www.multicharts.com/traders-blog/?p=268

tcat

Postby tcat » 11 May 2011

Where did I not see native 64 bits and multicore support? Priorities and differentiation are keys.

TS just updated their retail FX offert, so it would be time for MC to properly support Dukascopy.

Thierry

janus

Postby janus » 11 May 2011

Imagine being able to automatically monitor market depth and be alerted, or even place a trade, the moment your rule or trigger is met.
I presume this means an order, such as a limit or at market order can be submitted immediately rather than waiting for the next update tick when IOG is turned on, or next bar, when it's off. It's something I wanted over a year ago for MC but no one appeared to be interested. Yes, I always believed competition is good. No doubt it will mean TS and MC will just keep getting better and better.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 12 May 2011

Imagine being able to automatically monitor market depth and be alerted, or even place a trade, the moment your rule or trigger is met.
I presume this means an order, such as a limit or at market order can be submitted immediately rather than waiting for the next update tick when IOG is turned on, or next bar, when it's off. It's something I wanted over a year ago for MC but no one appeared to be interested.
The new keyword "PlaceMarketOrder" will do that: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8558

janus

Postby janus » 12 May 2011

Yes, indeed, In fact I've been using if for some time now. However, it's not the same thing. That keyword overrides the built-in order management system. I only use that keyword when I need to force a cover of all contracts at the broker when the study gets out of synch, which happens rarely but enough times to be a major concern. Although it shouldn't happen at all, it does. For example, I detect this when MarketPosition_at_Broker <> MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy for too many update periods.

What we need are standard order commands that are similar to and processed like all the other standard orders with the difference that they are submitted immediately. I would still need to use the PlaceMarketOrder keyword when the study gets out of synch with the broker as outlined above.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 17 May 2011

Yes, indeed, In fact I've been using if for some time now. However, it's not the same thing. That keyword overrides the built-in order management system. I only use that keyword when I need to force a cover of all contracts at the broker when the study gets out of synch, which happens rarely but enough times to be a major concern. Although it shouldn't happen at all, it does. For example, I detect this when MarketPosition_at_Broker <> MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy for too many update periods.

What we need are standard order commands that are similar to and processed like all the other standard orders with the difference that they are submitted immediately. I would still need to use the PlaceMarketOrder keyword when the study gets out of synch with the broker as outlined above.
Use the ChangeMarketPosition keyword in conjunction with PlaceMarketOrder, and you will get the result you want.

janus

Postby janus » 17 May 2011

Use the ChangeMarketPosition keyword in conjunction with PlaceMarketOrder, and you will get the result you want.
Thanks Stan. Sounds good. However, I haven't migrated to MC7 beta yet, and won't for my trading until it's finalized.

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 25 May 2011

TS Group has announced it has been acquired by Tokyo-based online brokerage Monex Group.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/26/2 ... ation.html

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 25 May 2011

I found this interesting as a trader but not a professional programmer...(most of us aren't programmers)

"A set of easy-to-use components that can be dragged and dropped from the TS Development Environment’s new ToolBox into your EasyLanguage analysis technique. You can interact with these components using the new Property Editor, "without writing a line of code"."

Return to “MultiCharts”