Settlement price

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Trader79

Settlement price

Postby Trader79 » 03 Sep 2010

is not possible add settlement price in quote manager or charts for calculate daily profit same the profit in MF global for example?

MC use close price for calculate daily P/L, but if i want compare with bank report i have difference from settlements.

Have solution or indication for make it possible?

thanks

Dave Masalov

Re: Settlement price

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Sep 2010

Dear Trader79,

Could you please explain your question as well as post some screenshots? I am not sure I got you right.

Trader79

Postby Trader79 » 06 Sep 2010

Please see Attachment:

if i make trade on FTMIB futures, when i open report in Day Period Analysis i have P/L for the day = +434.50 €.

Now if i open the report that MF Global send to me, i have different P/L because it use SETTLEMENT price, this is different from the Multicharts report for the Day P/L.

There is a mode for insert Settlement price in Quotemanager or in Multicharts for hare the right P/L for the Day P/L?

Thanks a lot
Attachments
Dayprofit.jpg
(86.18 KiB) Downloaded 606 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 Sep 2010

Dear Trader79,

We use the close price that we get from the data provider, just like all charting platforms do. Can I ask you what data provider are you using? Some data providers (i.e. eSignal) provide a close price which is not actually the close price, but a settlement price. If your data provider does not send settlement price as the close price, then there is no way to use the settlement price for calculations in MultiCharts.

Trader79

Postby Trader79 » 09 Sep 2010

Hi Dave,
i use eSignal, please see if there is a mode for use settlemnt price in Multicharts and Portfolio with this datavendor.

Thanks

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 10 Sep 2010

Dear Trader79,

I have discussed your question with the developers. There is no possibility to get settlement price in real-time in MultiCharts. Theoretically, this can be done, but it is unusual project and will require investment.

At the moment, when you reload the chart (Ctrl+R) you get the settlement price as close price from eSignal historical server.

TJ

Postby TJ » 11 Sep 2010

The settlement price is published a few minutes after the RTH close.

I know some traders set the session time to 16:20 (for ES),
MultiCharts will then be able to capture the settlement price and use it as the closing price for the day.

Trader79

Postby Trader79 » 11 Sep 2010

Thanks TJ, i try it.

Return to “MultiCharts”