Can't Find Order With ID=????

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
SUPER

Can't Find Order With ID=????

Postby SUPER » 11 Oct 2010

I keeps getting error message quite often, although it does not effect my automation but it seems to be a bug in MC as you can see from the "Stragegy Order" window that orders 1504 and 1503 were dealt with but the log file shows error message. Please can some one explain this behaviour.
Attachments
MC-1.3.gif
(136.93 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

Dave Masalov

Re: Can't Find Order With ID=????

Postby Dave Masalov » 11 Oct 2010

Dear SUPER,

Have you closed MultiCharts after this error message? If not, please send us your log files so we can investigate the issue.

You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

Please send this zip-folder to dmasalov@multicharts.com

If you have closed MultiCharts, please send us the log files or come to our Live Chat when the issue happens again.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 11 Oct 2010

Dave,

Many thanks for your prompt feedback, fortunately, MC is still running and I have sent you log file few minutes back.

Look forward to your feedback.

Regards
Super

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Oct 2010

Dear Super,

This can happen if the order has been executed (IB did not send the answer), but MC has sent Cancel for this order.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 15 Oct 2010

Dave,

Thanks for your feeback, I take it that the problem lies with IB and I should contact them with this problem....is there any specific description(technical) that would make it easy for them to understand this issue.

Regards
Super

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 15 Oct 2010

Dear Super,

There is no point to contact IB with this question. It is not actually an issue. You see this message in the Order and Position Tracker, just because we display all messages from broker.

The reason of such situation is that the positions are out of sync at some moment. For example the order is submitted to broker, but no filled. When it gets filled, the broker sends a message to MC. MC in its turn sends a message to cancel the order as it hasn't received the message from the broker yet. So, the cancellation message comes to broker, but there is no such order at broker anymore (order has been filled already).
This situation is not unusual.

Return to “MultiCharts”